The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Engineering Mathematics at Bristol

I am applying for Mechanical Engineering (General where mech isn't offered), but decided to apply to Bristol for Eng. Maths so I can have a safer option (Eng - A*AA, Eng maths - AAA) (Currently predicted - A*A*A*A -Maths, Physics, Spanish, Further M respectively-). (Other uni choices - Cambridge, Imperial, UCL, Bath)
Will a personal statement geared towards engineering negatively impact my chances, since it is described as a mathematics course with engineering elements?
Original post by D4gzIn0
I am applying for Mechanical Engineering (General where mech isn't offered), but decided to apply to Bristol for Eng. Maths so I can have a safer option (Eng - A*AA, Eng maths - AAA) (Currently predicted - A*A*A*A -Maths, Physics, Spanish, Further M respectively-). (Other uni choices - Cambridge, Imperial, UCL, Bath)
Will a personal statement geared towards engineering negatively impact my chances, since it is described as a mathematics course with engineering elements?

I am first year eng maths. dw we all do the same engineering science and maths modules as all other engineers. You will be fine with an engineering PS
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Hi I am thinking about applying for Bristol Eng Maths, would like to know form current students how many hours a week you have face-to-face in lectures, workshops etc versus live or recorded online lectures. Can't find the information anywhere on their site.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi I am thinking about applying for Bristol Eng Maths, would like to know form current students how many hours a week you have face-to-face in lectures, workshops etc versus live or recorded online lectures. Can't find the information anywhere on their site.

mostly learn content through recorded stuff then go to lectures to do worked examples. There are around 16 hours per week of live (including workshops). It is a weird way of learning but forces you to learn independently
Original post by shrimpbody
mostly learn content through recorded stuff then go to lectures to do worked examples. There are around 16 hours per week of live (including workshops). It is a weird way of learning but forces you to learn independently

Thanks for your responses do you mean approx 16 hours per week face-to-face/in-person or by live do you include live streamed online sessions?
Also would love to know what you think of the course in general
Thanks for your responses do you mean approx 16 hours per week face-to-face/in-person or by live do you include live streamed online sessions?
i meant face-to-face. There are no live online sessions.
Also would love to know what you think of the course in general
yeah course in general is good. Ngl im only first year so cant really give a good opinion. So far though i really enjoy it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

No trending threads to show

Trending

No trending threads to show