The Student Room Group

Scholarships in the UK

I am looking to apply to the UK soon as I am doing my A-levels, my chosen undergrad degree would be mechanical engineering. Ideally the only way I could study in the UK was if I got a scholarship that covered a lot of the fees.

I will be applying to University of Leeds, Bristol, Warwick, Liverpool and either Manchester or Sheffield. I have heard how unlikely it is for international students to get scholarships in the UK.

I have done a few co curricular activities. The CCA's I have done aren't any light ones and are usually recognized throughout. I have also managed to get some sort of work experience, done pre uni engineering courses. Been on a sports team for 2 years, helped coach a sports team asw. There are a few more things I can get done later on this year.

Including all those my grades are pretty good being predicted A*A*A for mathematics, physics and chemistry CIE A-levels.

So realistically speaking should I continue working towards getting into the UK or look into other places more like US/Canada?
Original post by woah139
I am looking to apply to the UK soon as I am doing my A-levels, my chosen undergrad degree would be mechanical engineering. Ideally the only way I could study in the UK was if I got a scholarship that covered a lot of the fees.

I will be applying to University of Leeds, Bristol, Warwick, Liverpool and either Manchester or Sheffield. I have heard how unlikely it is for international students to get scholarships in the UK.

I have done a few co curricular activities. The CCA's I have done aren't any light ones and are usually recognized throughout. I have also managed to get some sort of work experience, done pre uni engineering courses. Been on a sports team for 2 years, helped coach a sports team asw. There are a few more things I can get done later on this year.

Including all those my grades are pretty good being predicted A*A*A for mathematics, physics and chemistry CIE A-levels.

So realistically speaking should I continue working towards getting into the UK or look into other places more like US/Canada?

You can try the British Council or the unis you are applying to for scholarships. If not, you would need to see if there are any funding opportunities in your home country from your government, etc.

https://study-uk.britishcouncil.org/scholarships-funding

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending