The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

OFFICIAL St Andrews University offers 2024

Scroll to see replies

I just got an offer for Astrophysics BSc, English student and contextual predicted 4A*s
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Anyone applying for biology received anything? :smile:
Original post by sandrasandi
I just got an offer for Astrophysics BSc, English student and contextual predicted 4A*s

Congrats :smile:
Original post by trtrrteter643
I got a psychology offer too !! Where are you from.

Hi I am wondering when did you apply?
Anyone been to St.Andrew beforel
Reply 45
Original post by Anonymous #1
Has anyone heard back from St Andrews saying their application has been received? I wonder if anyone gets any early offers?

Please comment here if you’re applying to St Andrews in 2024!

Got an offer a week ago to study comp si. I do IB and my offer is for 38 points. I applied with 41 ib predicted. My only uncertainty is the university's actual ranking. Many sites say it is an amazing uni and that it is in the top 5 for uk but in the qs world rankings its top 95 and in others top 300. I know this thread is for getting offers but I was wondering if someone can explain me whether this uni is actually good for comp si and whether i should be glad of having gotten an offer.
Reply 46
Original post by maikeee
Got an offer a week ago to study comp si. I do IB and my offer is for 38 points. I applied with 41 ib predicted. My only uncertainty is the university's actual ranking. Many sites say it is an amazing uni and that it is in the top 5 for uk but in the qs world rankings its top 95 and in others top 300. I know this thread is for getting offers but I was wondering if someone can explain me whether this uni is actually good for comp si and whether i should be glad of having gotten an offer.

Congrats! Still waiting on their decision for compsci for me. I’ve heard st andrews is so low on world rankings because of its research output (compared to other universities it’s not a lot). Whereas the rankings where it ranks higher are because they don’t value that as much & are more focused on teaching e.t.c.
St andrews is generally thought of as pretty amazing for Compsci from what I’ve heard. I suppose it’s not very near London in terms of proximity to tech companies but the teaching at St Andrews is meant to be really good. In general it’s considered up there with Oxbridge, but i’m not sure specifically for compsci where it stands compared to them.
anyways, saying that, rankings/reputations aren’t all that determines whether the university is right for you :smile:
Reply 47
Got a conditional offer for a PhD in Ancient History :smile:
Original post by Renee Dee
Hi I am wondering when did you apply?

i applied late November but i think i heard back weirdly early , i am contextual so maybe this plays a roll?
Reply 49
Original post by Anonymous #9
Anyone been to St.Andrew beforel

I went on the sutton trust programme :smile:
Original post by ilynn22
I went on the sutton trust programme :smile:

How did u like it ?
Has anyone heard back from St Andrews saying their application has been received? I wonder if anyone gets any early offers?

i got a saint andrews offer for biological science back in november. Im currently visiting the town and its gorgeous.
Reply 52
Just got a conditional offer for Philosophy and Statistics as an international student!

Anyone know what this means? "You must provide formal verification of the qualifications stated in your application within five working days of publication."
Original post by Anonymous #8

yeah i did :smile:
Original post by amogsussy
Just got a conditional offer for Philosophy and Statistics as an international student!

Anyone know what this means? "You must provide formal verification of the qualifications stated in your application within five working days of publication."

when you get your exam results (eg SAT, leaving cert etc) you need to send it to st andrews within 5 days
Reply 55

I've got an offer back for philosophy about two months ago or so :smile:
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Anonymous #8

yeah i got my biology offer on the 20th of November
Hi there, has anyone who has received their offer sorted their accommodation for 2024 yet? I've reserved a room at the Student Space and was hoping to meet some others who are booked in or looking into it!
(edited 2 months ago)
just got an unconditional for psychology!!
Reply 59
Original post by zoejohnston1897
Hi there, has anyone who has received their offer sorted their accommodation for 2024 yet? I've reserved a room at the Student Space and was hoping to meet some others who are booked in or looking into it!

If you are an incoming first year student you are guaranteed university accommodation. Are you not planning to apply for that?

The Student Space development is a new one - still not actually finished. I'd be worried that it might not be ready on time - also that it will be on a building site as they take forward the rest of the development. It looks like it could be great when it is finished but not there yet.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/fife/4804661/st-andrews-student-accommodation/

Just letting you know so you can make an informed decision!

If you want to go for private accommodation there are other options in St Andrews that are already built - and cheaper! All are more expensive than the uni accommodation - but do give you the peace of mind of knowing where you'll be (if you have the budget).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending