The Student Room Group

Official: University of St Andrews A100 2024 Entry

Welcome to the University of St Andrews A100 2024 Entry Discussion.

St Andrews A100 2023 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7252448

For general information click: https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/subject...cine-bsc-a100/

For entry requirements click: https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/subject...-requirements/

Offer holders thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7445478&p=99164591&page=1#post99164591

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, advertise or mention group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!
(edited 2 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Posting to follow:tongue:
Hi guys, I really like St Andrews and was hoping I could get in. I am an English home student (so RUK) non-contextual, who meets all academic criteria, and has a UCAT of 2970 band 2. I was wondering a) what the lowest RUK non-contextual UCAT score that was invited to interview last year (the lowest I have seen is 2830), and also b) whether you believe it likely for me to get an interview at this lovely school.

Edit:

Moreover, I am aware RUK students are at a disadvantage when applying to Scottish medical schools, but I was wondering whether this still holds true at the interview, as I've heard St Andrews has an excellent interview to offer ratio (about 85% from my sources), so would this % differ by whether the applicant is RUK or Scottish? Finally, is the English or Scottish route more competitive?
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 3
Hi i was wondering does "other partner medical schools yrs 4-6" mean on the UCAS application form. Does this mean it could be any of the unis that were already of the other 3 options, or is it other unis besides those named?
Original post by Raptor489
Hi i was wondering does "other partner medical schools yrs 4-6" mean on the UCAS application form. Does this mean it could be any of the unis that were already of the other 3 options, or is it other unis besides those named?

Either scottish, english or no preference

the decision on which uni specifically comes in year 2 of med school
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 5
im 2690 B2, RUK but im eligible for a 10% increase in my score as im IMD decile 3
gcses: 999988888875 (5 in art)
alevels: 4A* predicted
do i have a chance at getting an interview or not?
Reply 6
Original post by Drcreamdonut
Hi guys, I really like St Andrews and was hoping I could get in. I am an English home student (so RUK) non-contextual, who meets all academic criteria, and has a UCAT of 2970 band 2. I was wondering a) what the lowest RUK non-contextual UCAT score that was invited to interview last year (the lowest I have seen is 2830), and also b) whether you believe it likely for me to get an interview at this lovely school.

Edit:

Moreover, I am aware RUK students are at a disadvantage when applying to Scottish medical schools, but I was wondering whether this still holds true at the interview, as I've heard St Andrews has an excellent interview to offer ratio (about 85% from my sources), so would this % differ by whether the applicant is RUK or Scottish? Finally, is the English or Scottish route more competitive?

From stats that I’ve seen from a FOI about RUK
562 applied
145 interviewed
95 offers made
So still a good success rate but not as high as Scotland which was 347 interviews to 304 offers
Original post by Abaldrouby
From stats that I’ve seen from a FOI about RUK
562 applied
145 interviewed
95 offers made
So still a good success rate but not as high as Scotland which was 347 interviews to 304 offers

Epic, thank you so much.
Does anyone know when RUK applicants get interviewed for St Andrews? Are we expecting them to be interviewed in November/December, as this is when I first saw on TSR people getting interview invites.
Original post by Drcreamdonut
Does anyone know when RUK applicants get interviewed for St Andrews? Are we expecting them to be interviewed in November/December, as this is when I first saw on TSR people getting interview invites.

It varies. Two years ago I had my interview in December but other had it much later
Reply 10
would 2880 b1 be okay for RUK non contextual?
Original post by _Rusty_
It varies. Two years ago I had my interview in December but other had it much later

Epic. Is it by score? And since you are the resident St Andrews expert, having applied now, do you reckon I‘ll have an interview with 2970 band 2, non contextual, RUK? Thanks for your time mate, and I hope you are enjoying university.
Reply 12
Does anyone know how many places for international applicants at st.andrews?
Scottish home applicant
SIMD4 contextual
N5: AABBCC (all requirements met)
Higher: AAAAA + (AA s6 predicted)
AH: AA predicted
UCAT: 3050 b2 + 10% uplift = 3355

Application being sent off on Friday 6th, will update with outcome
Reply 14
Original post by ella_w1
I'm an English student with aa 3180 UCAT, band 2. I'm predicted A*, A*, A in bio chem and maths. My GCSE's were 999999998 and I don't qualify for contextual. Do I have a good chance of getting a place + any interview tips?
Also, I've heard that St Andrews is more lenient on state school kids (e.g. if they miss the offer)because of how bad the ratios are, is this true?

Interveiw u should be guaranteed an interview. Offer u have a good chance as it’s around (65ish) percent post interview success rate. But I’ve heard that st Andrews has a very awkward interveiw compared to other Unis. In terms of the offer missing thing I’m not entirely sure about it but my friend did miss the grade by 1 and they gave him 2 weeks to sort out a remark where as KCL and Cambridge didn’t allow time for remarks it was an immediate rejection this year.
Hi, I’m an international student. Is a ucat of 3010 band 2 have good chance of getting an interview? Thanks.
HI,

Non-contextual, RUK applicant

UCAT 2750 B2
Achieved A-levels A*A*AA
GCSE 99999999988

Do you think I will get an interview?

Many thanks
Reply 17
Original post by ukstudent101
HI,

Non-contextual, RUK applicant

UCAT 2750 B2
Achieved A-levels A*A*AA
GCSE 99999999988

Do you think I will get an interview?

Many thanks

Without contextual I’m pretty sure no I think
Cutoff last year for RUK was around 2850ish probs higher.

Have a look at ARU, Liverpool, Plymouth
Reply 18
Wondering anyone with direct application to A990 (Canadian Pathway) please?
Original post by Luckluck
Wondering anyone with direct application to A990 (Canadian Pathway) please?

What would you like to know?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending