The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

OFFICIAL St Andrews University offers 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous #1
Has anyone heard back from St Andrews saying their application has been received? I wonder if anyone gets any early offers?

Please comment here if you’re applying to St Andrews in 2024!

international student, got a conditional offer for astrophysics mphys a while ago :smile: i'm going to the open day in april
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by salamander2021
international student, got a conditional offer for astrophysics mphys a while ago :smile: i'm going to the open day in april

congrats that's amazing!! I'm planning to go too :smile:
Hey everyone! Do you want to create a group chat for offer holders?
Original post by spanishstudent18
Hey everyone! Do you want to create a group chat for offer holders?

There’s one on insta already! If you follow unistandrews28 the admin will add you to the chat 😊.
Original post by Anonymous #8
Anyone applying for biology received anything? :smile:

i did!
Original post by liliantiina
i did!

Are you a Scottish student?
Original post by Anonymous #8
Are you a Scottish student?
nah irish
Reply 67
super last minute applicant here (first mocks were not so great, so I waited for the January mocks and sent everything off a week before the deadline). I was asked for proof of ID, Settled Status etc and got a reply that I am classed under Scottish home fees. Sounds great ... but I haven't gotten an actual offer yet hahaha. I applied for Physics. Is that the norm that they go through all the hassle checking immigration status, deciding which fee status you would get, etc, before even considering offering you a place? I am confused, and it makes me super nervous. Got another offer from a Scottish uni, but St Andrews was my first choice, and I wonder if I can still hope for an offer.
Original post by MOIRA2005
super last minute applicant here (first mocks were not so great, so I waited for the January mocks and sent everything off a week before the deadline). I was asked for proof of ID, Settled Status etc and got a reply that I am classed under Scottish home fees. Sounds great ... but I haven't gotten an actual offer yet hahaha. I applied for Physics. Is that the norm that they go through all the hassle checking immigration status, deciding which fee status you would get, etc, before even considering offering you a place? I am confused, and it makes me super nervous. Got another offer from a Scottish uni, but St Andrews was my first choice, and I wonder if I can still hope for an offer.
Yes, is the short answer. The Scottish Government funds university places for Scottish students so there is a cap, if they were to assess you as, for example, being of international fee status they can (and sometimes do) rescind offers if this changes as they do not receive enough funding from the Government. It is a formality, but understandably it does raise hopes. I have applied to St Andrews twice and on both occasions I received communication about the fee status they believe to have correctly assessed me as (rUK).
Just received unconditional for English. (I'm a home student - Scottish).
has any home student heard back for psychology?
Reply 71
home (scottish student) here! i got an unconditional for computing :smile:))
Well done! Also a Scottish student waiting to hear back for biology (I’m going insane).
I received an unconditional for English on Friday :] (I'm a Scottish home student)
hi has anyone received an offer for international relations yet? :smile:
Original post by Stephi.m
I received an unconditional for English on Friday :] (I'm a Scottish home student)

Exactly the same here 😀
Got an offer today for msc chemistry
AAA, RUK student
Just put in my accommodation application 😲
Original post by Helen2112
Just put in my accommodation application 😲
👍 did you choose self catering?
Original post by Anonymous #14
👍 did you choose self catering?

I've gone for catered standard.

Quick Reply

Latest