The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

OFFICIAL St Andrews University offers 2024

Scroll to see replies

Any recent offers for IR for home applicants? Still waiting...
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by noitanul
still waiting here :frown:

still waiting here too...
Anyone received an offer for Philosophy and Theological Studies?
Reply 103
Original post by Anonymous #17
Any recent offers for IR for home applicants? Still waiting...

Yes. I’m a scottish student and I got my offer on March 1
Reply 104
if it helps anyone out— im a scottish student and got my IR offer on March 1, but i applied in late september because i was paranoid. i think offers are probably still going out
Original post by kannne
if it helps anyone out— im a scottish student and got my IR offer on March 1, but i applied in late september because i was paranoid. i think offers are probably still going out

Thanks! Do you think they are considered in the order they are received, or in alphabetical order?
Reply 106
Original post by Anonymous #17
Thanks! Do you think they are considered in the order they are received, or in alphabetical order?

I think order might factor in somewhat, but they claim they don’t look at them until after the 31 Jan deadline. My personal theory is that they might release offers in tranches depending on applicant scores (i.e. obvious acceptances go out first, and then they filter through the rest), but i have no idea if that’s true
Original post by kannne
I think order might factor in somewhat, but they claim they don’t look at them until after the 31 Jan deadline. My personal theory is that they might release offers in tranches depending on applicant scores (i.e. obvious acceptances go out first, and then they filter through the rest), but i have no idea if that’s true

Can I ask what your results were to help me contextualise? My daughter has 6 As at Higher which I thought was pretty good! Thanks so much
Original post by LoveScotland24
Can I ask what your results were to help me contextualise? My daughter has 6 As at Higher which I thought was pretty good! Thanks so much

6 is definitely good, was that over one year? I got 5 (currently doing 3 AH) but I don't think anybody at my school did 6 Highers in a year, there isn't room in the timetable.
Original post by Helen2112
6 is definitely good, was that over one year? I got 5 (currently doing 3 AH) but I don't think anybody at my school did 6 Highers in a year, there isn't room in the timetable.

yes over one year. fingers crossed
Original post by LoveScotland24
yes over one year. fingers crossed

Good luck 🤞
Original post by Anonymous #1
Has anyone heard back from St Andrews saying their application has been received? I wonder if anyone gets any early offers?
Please comment here if you’re applying to St Andrews in 2024!

just got rejected :smile:
Original post by james27227
Rejected for Maths as an English student with 4A* predicted and 8A* at GCSE. Is there anything more that they could want other than being a Scottish or International student?
we were thinking the same.
Daughter also got rejection - yesterday - RUK
Reply 113
Original post by Anonymous #18
we were thinking the same.
Daughter also got rejection - yesterday - RUK

It’s not all about grades. Universities that are at the level of St Andrews are quite competitive and look at the candidate as a whole. I know a guy that got an offer for CS with lower grades than his classmate that got rejected. Both from a similar background, same school, both RUK. This was in 2018 when I started my undergrad. Obviously things like personal statements and references matter a lot too.
just got an unconditional offer for comparative literature and english
Original post by Ecl7217
just got an unconditional offer for comparative literature and english

Saw that on the spreadsheet! Congratulations! Glad to see an offer after all the rejections.
There is a group for St.Andrews Applicants on Facebook by the way!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/917364751804381/
Reply 117
Thanks for the FB link
Original post by Cicero4325
Saw that on the spreadsheet! Congratulations! Glad to see an offer after all the rejections.

Wait there’s a spreadsheet? Can you share the link by any chance?
Original post by Anonymous #19
Wait there’s a spreadsheet? Can you share the link by any chance?

It’s on page 1

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending