The Student Room Group

chemistry - acids

Calculate The ph when 15cm3 of 0.1moldm-3 Naoh is added to 30cm3 of 0.600moldm-3 roanoic acid
Ka = 1.35 X 10 to the -5

Hi all I have tried to work this out and have got two ph's and would really appreciate someone responding to this asap with the answer
Original post by Lebkuchen
Calculate The ph when 15cm3 of 0.1moldm-3 Naoh is added to 30cm3 of 0.600moldm-3 roanoic acid
Ka = 1.35 X 10 to the -5

Hi all I have tried to work this out and have got two ph's and would really appreciate someone responding to this asap with the answer

Just to clarify, did you mean propanoic acid as “roanoic acid” does not appear to exist.

I would suggest you show what you’ve tried so far: TSR is not a homework service and it is against the community guidelines to give answers and full solutions- it is preferred that you are given hints and guided towards getting a right answer.
Reply 2
Original post by TypicalNerd
Just to clarify, did you mean propanoic acid as “roanoic acid” does not appear to exist.

I would suggest you show what you’ve tried so far: TSR is not a homework service and it is against the community guidelines to give answers and full solutions- it is preferred that you are given hints and guided towards getting a right answer.

my p wasn't working at the time and I went through both methods and found out how one couldn't be used

Thanks anyway

Quick Reply

Latest