The Student Room Group

(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 1
Original post by user142615920
does anyone know/know of any students that have been accepted into trinity college, cambridge to study maths that were “normal people”. slightly weird question but just asking to see if i would ever stand a chance as i am no bmo prodigy, and otherwise i should probably just apply to my second choice of college in the first place. thank you :smile:

Youve asked a similar question a couple of months ago and youre unlikely to get different/definitive answers about what you should do. The lad I mentioned who got an interview at Trinity messed it up, so was rejected, but not because hes not a bmo lad. A couple of others got accepted at different colleges and from a very informal chat about the interviews, the questions were roughly comparable. If hed done well, there is no reason why he wouldnt be doing step, though Trinity has the historical reputation so will draw more competitive applications.

Youve 7 months to go, dont fixate on it.

BTW - you keep deleting posts. Guess its your decision but people may be less willing to offer help. I was going to reply to the isaac graph sketching thread a few weeks ago to say theyd accepted the tool was too sensitive, but youd deleted everything so I didnt bother.
Reply 2
Original post by user142615920
sorry - i was hoping i could be anonymous on threads on here but unfortunately not, so deleting things seemed easier. i just don’t want anyone from my school to be able to identify me. did you search my profile to find the other post from a few months ago or did you just remember haha

Wbf, why are you asking (pretty much) the same thing again? Nothing really has changed and irrespective of which college you apply to, its probably better to be focussing on the learning/preparation rather than fixating on trinity.

For the isaac one, I contacted them.

Quick Reply

Latest