The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

go on name sum questions and il tell u wot i wrote and u can correct me lol
Reply 21
well i wrote bout buffer action and how adding h+ affects it and adding OH-. dunno if its right tho
Reply 22
is this for nuffield unit 4
thats a good answer actually i wrote the same thing but in words and in terms of neutralisation
Reply 24
Nope. The old syllabus.
no no normal unit 4, nuffield will have a differnt room m8
Reply 26
lostinspace
no no normal unit 4, nuffield will have a differnt room m8

alrite man kl kl
wot did u put for the systematic name of serine
Reply 28
hah lol unlucky
as i said above i thought it was okay, though the question about berylium and barium chlorides completely threw me, apparently BeCl2 is covalent and BaCl2 is completely ionic, which is not what i thought :s
Reply 29
2-amino,3-hydroxy,propanoic acid :biggrin: right according to head of chem at college
Reply 30
kane28
hah lol unlucky
as i said above i thought it was okay, though the question about berylium and barium chlorides completely threw me, apparently BeCl2 is covalent and BaCl2 is completely ionic, which is not what i thought :s

wasnt the berylium question about the charge density? and the forces of attraction between the cation and anion??:s-smilie:
yea i put 1-hydroxy 2 amino propanoic acid so thts down the drain, also the becl2 is covalant as it has a small highly charged cation and it polarises the cl- anion completly , Ba the radius is too large for a strong force of attraction to occur, not the actual answer just an overview
Reply 32
hh123
wasnt the berylium question about the charge density? and the forces of attraction between the cation and anion??:s-smilie:

thats what i thought, which lead me to conclude the exact opposite of what my teacher said was the answer :s
That paper raped me and my friends!

It was the hardest paper (along with Jan 2004) ever.

The polyamide and polyester question which were each 2 marks, I did not do.

The first organic question was extremely sneaky, 9 MARKS?!?!??!?!

But the thing that struck me most was not the content of the paper, it was actually that it went on and on and on and on.

I found time became a very large issue for me, with an additional 10 mins I would have put a couple of more marks in the bag.

Really gutted with this paper. I did not do too badly though, its just that I was aiming for an A.
Reply 34
actually i completely ****** up that question, ive just realised
Reply 35
i thought the organics questions were the easiest ive ever seen in any paper ive done
same i was aiming for close to full marks i guess thats down the drain now!!!! time was a big time issue, i didnt have time to check the paper over twice!

what was the definition of DILUTE!!!!!!!!!!!
kane28
2-amino,3-hydroxy,propanoic acid :biggrin: right according to head of chem at college

lol, I was in such a hurry, I put 3 hydroxy 2 amino propanoic acid.

Thats another mark lost.
no thats correct
oh nnooooo alphabetically it isnt lol damn I-UPAC lol

Latest

Trending

Trending