The Student Room Group

Official thread - January 2023 IAL edexcel

Just started a thread for Edexcel IALs in 2023 Jan. Hope you can share any useful resources here.
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Im doing Physics Unit 5, Unit 6 and Chemistry Unit 4 and Pure Mathematics 4 in January 2023. Please share some resources here.

Thanks In advance. :biggrin:
Im doing AS and A2 chem, bio, physics :biggrin:
Reply 3
@Pistas are you taking the exams?
Btw we have drawn against each other in the last 16!
Yo
Doing U4 Bio, Chem, Phy
Reply 5
Native Spanish and German speaker sitting both papers in January if anyone needs help
Reply 6
I just don't know what I'm gonna do about chem u5, p4 and fp2 pls help 🙃
Did anyone sit the Unit 4 chem paper just now? That paper was so bad.
Original post by Mo_AS14_
Did anyone sit the Unit 4 chem paper just now? That paper was so bad.

yes, it was so bad. Ran out of time as well. Messed up pH questions.
Chem u4 was a nightmare. I left out many marks. And whatever I did, I'm not sure if I've done them correctly. Does anyone remember the very last answer to the calculation question? It was about how many moles of sodium ethanoate to add to the ethanoic acid or smth along these lines. And is the value for the temperature at which thermodynamic feasibility is achieved or smth like that 650ish K
Original post by GloriaGrabrielle
Chem u4 was a nightmare. I left out many marks. And whatever I did, I'm not sure if I've done them correctly. Does anyone remember the very last answer to the calculation question? It was about how many moles of sodium ethanoate to add to the ethanoic acid or smth along these lines. And is the value for the temperature at which thermodynamic feasibility is achieved or smth like that 650ish K

i got 2. something for number of moles of sodium thing and then for feasibiliyy it was 650 something yes i forgot exactly what it was tho did anyone get 10.1 or soemthing for the pH for one of the questions

I got the same 650k. But the mols of whatever I got totally wrong. I ended up with negative mols.

I Honestly hope the grade Boundaries r low. The kinetics Qs about finding the order was ****ed up i got it wrong, so idk if i got this 3 marks wrong or 10 marks including the 6 that followed, as well as the X diagram like WTF is thAT
Original post by mridula004
yes, it was so bad. Ran out of time as well. Messed up pH questions.

The pH questions were so bad. How did u guys find the MCQ? It was ok, what did I put for the thermodynamic ally unstable stuff in MCQ. And also what did u guys write for the thiosulfate with iodine the clock reaction?
I got the same 650k. But the mols of whatever I got totally wrong. I ended up with negative mols.

you had to do [H]/ka = rcooh/rcoona and then find ratio right and then times by 1.577 or whatever it was?? can someone confirm pls
Original post by YusufJamal
I Honestly hope the grade Boundaries r low. The kinetics Qs about finding the order was ****ed up i got it wrong, so idk if i got this 3 marks wrong or 10 marks including the 6 that followed, as well as the X diagram like WTF is thAT

The X structure q I completely blanked. For the order of reaction I got everything first order except the H+
Reply 16
I got moo of buffer 1.1 and the ph i messed up soo bad
I asloo nessed upp the activation energy calc
The paper was defy not easy
Hoping for low gb
Original post by Aleena.azim20
you had to do [H]/ka = rcooh/rcoona and then find ratio right and then times by 1.577 or whatever it was?? can someone confirm pls

Hi Aleena, it’s Mohamed lol
but chnaging the conc of the other two recatnants (not h+) were not chnaging rate, meaning that it had to be 0 order with respect to them and then H+ was 2nd i got idk

The X structure q I completely blanked. For the order of reaction I got everything first order except the H+
Hi Aleena, it’s Mohamed lol

lmaoooooooo no wayy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending