The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
lostinspace
same i was aiming for close to full marks i guess thats down the drain now!!!! time was a big time issue, i didnt have time to check the paper over twice!

what was the definition of DILUTE!!!!!!!!!!!

low concentration of ethanoic acid
June retakes for me lol.
Reply 42
kane28
low concentration of ethanoic acid

YES

what did people get for the pH of the fizzy drinks can, i put that when opened pH increased ?
increse in ph as when co1 escapes eqm shifts to the left hand side???
I said Ph increases as equilibrium shifts to the left, so less [H+] yield, making the acidity drop.
Reply 45
lostinspace
increse in ph as when co1 escapes eqm shifts to the left hand side???

yeah thats what i put, at first i was clueless, dont know why, seems an easy question ,but i realised if you're drinking a can of coke after a while it'll lose its fizz,which to me says increase in pH, and so just went from there
yepp, was methyl orange not suitable as its ph was LOWER then phenol
Reply 47
what did you put for the very last question
reaction of NaCl + water and PCl3 + water, asked for pH of resultant solutions
i loved the final question, 4 EASY EQUATIONS and the standard sn/pb love story!
Reply 49
omg i didnt knw the definition for dilute either!!
Reply 50
lostinspace
yepp, was methyl orange not suitable as its ph was LOWER then phenol

methyl orange pH range is 3.2 to 4.5 and the equivalence point was been 6.4 and 10.0 so was unsuitable, colour change would be red to yellow, or for phenol colorless to pink
nacl + h20 - na aq + cl aq so ph is 7

pcl3 + h20 = h3po3 + 3hcl so ph is anything less then 2
i dnt think it was about colour change i think it was the fact tht it dsnt lie on th verticle reigon of the graph
Reply 53
lostinspace
nacl + h20 - na aq + cl aq so ph is 7

pcl3 + h20 = h3po3 + 3hcl so ph is anything less then 2

damn, i got the products wrong for first reaction, silly mistake i put hcl and naoh, but still came out with ph 7
2nd one i put pH 2 so hopefully will get the marks
Reply 54
lostinspace
i dnt think it was about colour change i think it was the fact tht it dsnt lie on th verticle reigon of the graph

it said in the question you had to mention what the colour changes were for the indicators
remember h3po3 is a weak acid so if you put the value as 1 its wrong.
Reply 56
Cyrus The Great
remember h3po3 is a weak acid so if you put the value as 1 its wrong.

oh YES, that was my logic for putting 2 :biggrin:
kane28
it said in the question you had to mention what the colour changes were for the indicators

i think it said explain the colour changes as it "why do they change colour in the vertical section?"
NOOOOOOOOOOOO im sure it didnt
DID IT ????
Reply 59
kane28

i didnt mention the specific colour changes, but i did say that at end point, when the indicator reaches this there is a colour change and as methyl was not in the vertical range ther would not be a colour change as its not within the part of the end point

Latest

Trending

Trending