The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

kane28
oh YES, that was my logic for putting 2 :biggrin:

lol i put 4 as my bog standard weak ass acid
YES H3P03 IS WEAK ACID but can i nt use HCL as my deciding factor that the ph is 1???
Reply 62
yeah, thats what i meant, i wrote about methyl orange being not suitable as color change wouldnt happen in range of equivalence point
Reply 63
kane28
i thought the organics questions were the easiest ive ever seen in any paper ive done

Agreed.

Brilliant paper until q6...

Was hoping for 90%+ but oh no. Just, oh no...

I was speaking to my friend about Plumbate ions, and how I said "nah, we don't need to know them, they won't be on the exam". To which he replied "I'm gonna laugh when they come up in the paper and you're going to be sorry".

I was sorry, and hoping for a question on why Al2O3 is amphoteric, not PbO!
Reply 64
12ian34
Agreed.

Brilliant paper until q6...

Was hoping for 90%+ but oh no. Just, oh no...

I was speaking to my friend about Plumbate ions, and how I said "nah, we don't need to know them, they won't be on the exam". To which he replied "I'm gonna laugh when they come up in the paper and you're going to be sorry".

I was sorry, and hoping for a question on why Al2O3 is amphoteric, not PbO!

snap!! i completely forgot about amphoteric nature of lead oxide, but knew all of the reactions for amphoteric nature of Al2O3 and Al(OH)3
Reply 65
just to clarify, for the very first question, what type of carbonyl compounds do not react with K2Cr2O7??
pbO + 2hcl = pbcl2 + h20

pbO + 2naoh + h20 = na2Pb(OH)4
ketones do not react with acidified dichromate
last 2 pages were actually really good for me tbh

it was the polyamide/polyester bit aswell as the 1 mark questions which i glossed over due to little time.
Reply 69
pbO + HNO3 = pb(NO3)2 + H2O
exactly if i had extra time, i wud have perfected alot of it
Reply 71
good, thats what i put
for PbO question i managed to work out the equation for it acting as a base, thouh i used H+ instead of HCl, although for actingas an acid i got it completely wrong
yea i used HCL as it didnt specify Ionic equations, so both shud b fine, jus as long as you balanced the charges on the plumbate ion
we can afford to lose 15 marks to scrape that A grade. here's to wishful thinking! i really doubt it though for me.
Reply 74
PbO + 2H+ ---> Pb2+ + H2O ??
Reply 75
Cyrus The Great
we can afford to lose 15 marks to scrape that A grade. here's to wishful thinking!

i think 45/60 may just scrape an A actually

unofficial mark schemes anybody, ive already been able to work out my C1 C3 grades, now i need this one
yep thas fine, u did put state symbols didnt u
kane28

spot on, i put the same thing.

the make the grade george facer book is legendary, even though george facer is a prick.
Reply 78
kane28

i thought that only works for pbO2 so i didnt do that one
kane28
i think 45/60 may just scrape an A actually

unofficial mark schemes anybody, ive already been able to work out my C1 C3 grades, now i need this one

lol thats wat i said, 15 marks.

Latest

Trending

Trending