The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

mad-cow18
Yeh at the time it was posted we hadnt seen the Jan 09 paper so we now have other predictions. Sorry for the confusion

Ah, don't worry about it, I realised after a read a few more of the posts! Thanks x
bubble123
Is anyone else starting to get worried about this exam? It's 1 week away and there's so much to know...as well as the synoptic module. I'm not revising for my other two subjects at all right now because I'm too worried about this one! Not good.

same! though I made sure I finished all my biology revision early 'cos I knew this would happen...english lit is barely getting touched at the moment - not good D :
Reply 62
There are an overwhelming amount of topics to revise... u have to take the risk and not revise some topics (e.g. those that came up in jan 09), ive got sooo much revision to do... just finished my revision notes for geog!!! I'm really worried!
Ussy
There are an overwhelming amount of topics to revise... u have to take the risk and not revise some topics (e.g. those that came up in jan 09), ive got sooo much revision to do... just finished my revision notes for geog!!! I'm really worried!

I think its safe to completely jib one topic (for me it's climate change) and spend minimal to no time on the topics that came up in Jan and the ones incorporated into the synoptic (TNCs etc)

Still leaves me with ....

soils
african climates
tectonic processes... Read More
volcanoes and EQs as hazards
migration and multicultural societies
burglary and malaria

gahhh!!! *tears out hair*

AQA are horrible markers too :' ( I have no faith in them since they messed up on marking loads of people's papers last year (in my school anyway)
Reply 64
tabbycat1
I'm really really worried :frown: I have french the day before and re on the same day as geography. It's just too too much to remember and because I enjoy geography the least it's kinda the one I keep avoiding doing revision for. I HATE PHYSICAL GEOGRAPHY! Argggh.

I'm worried to, i have a maths exam on monday, sociology on thursday and then another maths exam and geography on friday :frown: have been focusing on my maths so much that i've neglected my other subjects
Reply 65
I really do hate with this exam that we learn about 10 topics and are only tested on 2! :-(
Hey guys, thought I might add this to the thread;

our teacher has been VERY good at predicting what topics should come up each year.

The orange cells mark which topics should be concentrated on.

I'll be honest, i've left it far too late with like 3 days to go, so i'm only going to revise those topics!! :O

I've thrown in a GGB6 past questions thing too which you might find helpful.

John x
GGB4 Past Questions.xls

GGb6 PQ.docx
Reply 67
hallilad

our teacher has been VERY good at predicting what topics should come up each year.

I'll be honest, i've left it far too late with like 3 days to go, so i'm only going to revise those topics!! :O

John x
GGB4 Past Questions.xls

GGb6 PQ.docx

I didn't think it was possible to get a question on just NICs and not TNCs? It's all part of the same topic on the specification. And you'll have to revise TNCs anyway because it's relevant to the synoptic paper. But I think the attachment is generally pretty accurate so cheers! I feel your pain about leaving it too late. I'm in the same situation. Why why why do I get my self into this stupid situation every year?!
Reply 68
Hey
Ive seen NIC come up straight after TNCs in the next paper in June 04 and Jan 05 i think. I do think the topics picked are accurate too. Im thinking theres definatly a question on migration and multicultural societites as well as tectonics and volcanoes integrated into one. Fingers crossed we re all right and that it all goes well.

Also,,didnt climate change come up in June 08??
hallilad

John x
GGB4 Past Questions.xls

GGb6 PQ.docx

You are an absolute life saver! Thank you!!! :smile:
Reply 70
hey people, i have a quick question about case studies for ggb4.

In each of the topics I've learnt case studies, but for some topics my teacher taught us more than 1 case study, e.g. transmittable diseases - HIV/Aids in Thailand and Botswana. I was wondering if anybody knew if it was necessary to learn more than 1 case study per topic?

Hope revision is going well
Reply 71
josht111
Hey, thank's for all the work put into this thread. Could you chaps, (for the final time), just confirm what was in Jan 09 and what's likely to be in friday's exam/what I don't need to revise?

Thanks.

Core Periphery
EU+Separatism
Multiple hazards in urban area
and there was a question which was 80% about longterm vegetation change and then 20% about vegetation adaptions in africa. Check the first page of the thread where I have posted the actual questions.
Reply 72
hallilad

John x

ur table is a little wrong. Climate change came up in June 2008. So it isnt a very likley topic. Since I spotted that one mistake, I worry that u might have made another mistake in it. However I shall trust it.
Reply 73
scfkong
hey people, i have a quick question about case studies for ggb4.

In each of the topics I've learnt case studies, but for some topics my teacher taught us more than 1 case study, e.g. transmittable diseases - HIV/Aids in Thailand and Botswana. I was wondering if anybody knew if it was necessary to learn more than 1 case study per topic?

Hope revision is going well

I don't know if it's necessary but i've learnt multiple case studies for burglary and transmittable diseases. My teachers seem to think the more the better.
Reply 74
From examiners reports basically to gain the higher marks case studies are essential even if not asked. Personally i have 2 for all the topics and even small snippets in the essays of additional case studies ie Floodng with volcanoes-Grimsvoton glacial burst in Iceland from melting snow and ice November 1996 can gain marks also. I would say more the better, especially with hazards section with volcanoes and earthquakes an LEDC and then MEDC also.My textbook is rubbish so ive had to research a lot but it will be worth researching extra case studies for high marks.
Reply 75
mad-cow18
From examiners reports basically to gain the higher marks case studies are essential even if not asked. Personally i have 2 for all the topics and even small snippets in the essays of additional case studies ie Floodng with volcanoes-Grimsvoton glacial burst in Iceland from melting snow and ice November 1996 can gain marks also. I would say more the better, especially with hazards section with volcanoes and earthquakes an LEDC and then MEDC also.My textbook is rubbish so ive had to research a lot but it will be worth researching extra case studies for high marks.

My textbook is amazing. I bought it myself after some researching it's by David Redfern and Malcolm Skinner.
Im taking a huge gamble and just revising
Soils, Volcanoes, Migration, Conflicts and Plate Tectonics.
And I'll briefly go over TNC's and Atmosphere/ITCZ
Reply 76
jabed786
My textbook is amazing. I bought it myself after some researching it's by David Redfern and Malcolm Skinner.
Im taking a huge gamble and just revising
Soils, Volcanoes, Migration, Conflicts and Plate Tectonics.
And I'll briefly go over TNC's and Atmosphere/ITCZ

Yeah I've got that textbook, some of the answers in the markschemes are literally word for word from the textbook. I'm not even bothering revising from my classnotes. Luckily my school was really good and sold them to us. Just a shame I can't remember half the stuff that's written in it...
Reply 77
tabbycat1
Yeah I've got that textbook, some of the answers in the markschemes are literally word for word from the textbook. I'm not even bothering revising from my classnotes. Luckily my school was really good and sold them to us. Just a shame I can't remember half the stuff that's written in it...

yeah some of it is word for word. Which is good since you know you will get the marks if you learn it. There is so much in them books though. Just like you, I have not bothered at all revising from class notes - i've lost my physical geography file but I'm not bothered at all lol.
I've been combining my textbook and the mark schemes to make my notes shorter by getting rid of the unnecessary text. So far I've gotten each topic down to 4 A4 sides. The hazard questions are only 2 sides.
Reply 78
Is conflicts likely? I ******* hate it.
Reply 79
tabbycat1
Luckily my school was really good and sold them to us.

lol luckily my school was even better and gave them to us :yep: ...well we have to return them...but i'm not gonna need it after this exam :woo:

Latest

Trending

Trending