The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
how is oxygen produced in photosynthesis?
Reply 81
that paper was quite hard i thought. i found BYA6 much easier.

jaison2
how is oxygen produced in photosynthesis?

tell me your joking.
Reply 82
I hope you're joking lol but if not try looking at photolysis of water!

I got 0.25 too :smile:
Reply 83
Isometrix
that paper was quite hard i thought. i found BYA6 much easier.

tell me your joking.

please i know its basic.. just say what happens..
Reply 84
Tasso112
I hope you're joking lol but if not try looking at photolysis of water!

I got 0.25 too :smile:

well.. i said about light independant reaction.. co2 through sthomata... rubp etc...
Reply 85
Isometrix
tell me your joking.

Lol.

Though to some extent I sympathise. Trying to spread photolysis out into a three mark answer is more difficult than it sounds.
Reply 86
jaison2
well.. i said about light independant reaction.. co2 through sthomata... rubp etc...

Nah, it's from photolysis.

2H2O --> 4H+ + 4e- + O2
Reply 87
Kinkerz
Nah, it's from photolysis.

2H2O --> 4H+ + 4e- + O2

this :yy:
Reply 88
lol :biggrin:
I found this surprisingly hard. All that rubbish about seeds in the apparatus and the weird seawharks (or whatever they're called) things threw me. Hopefully the latter questions boosted my mark. I definitely need to nail synoptic...but unlikely.
Reply 90
DougieFreeman
I found this surprisingly hard. All that rubbish about seeds in the apparatus and the weird seawharks (or whatever they're called) things threw me. Hopefully the latter questions boosted my mark. I definitely need to nail synoptic...but unlikely.

what did you put whhy they were placed in the dark and what was your expected value for the chi-sqaured
jaison2
what did you put whhy they were placed in the dark and what was your expected value for the chi-sqaured

I didn't know why it was in the dark so just waffled about making it fair test etc. That was rubbish. Apparently its because in the light it would photosynthesis and this would affect the investigation yadda yadda.

For the chi-squared, I got confused and left it blank but on reflection I assume you add them all up and divide by three. I was pretty stupid there.

Hope that helps.
Reply 92
really... i said it would photosynthesise... thts the only line i wrtoe because i only had abt 4 mins for the whole question.... not bad.. i said as they would photosynthesis using the gases and giving an unreliable result... i got 89 for observed... i am not sure if i stupidly did n+1/2....
Reply 93
how did you prove the RQ was 1... i did 90/90 is that right?
What did everyone put for why the dogwhelks ( or whatever they were called) were better adapted?
Reply 95
KerryCarmen
What did everyone put for why the dogwhelks ( or whatever they were called) were better adapted?

is this the one where they attack each other?
oh no, i didnt have a clue on that one either! what did you put?

im talking about the one where the students measured the height ratios .. etc, and the question was why were they better adapted to living on harsher shores or something :s-smilie:
Reply 97
KerryCarmen
oh no, i didnt have a clue on that one either! what did you put?

im talking about the one where the students measured the height ratios .. etc, and the question was why were they better adapted to living on harsher shores or something :s-smilie:

ahh i put that this meant that they are likely to have a smaller height and a larger aperture (due to the smaller ratio) and so more of the muscular foot is exposed so it can grip the rock more in the wavy conditions!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah i did so so badly i know it :frown: i need a bloody A!
Reply 98
What did you put for the light shining one for P and Q?
Reply 99
jaison2
What did you put for the light shining one for P and Q?

there were chloroplasts at Q, none at P. more photosynthesis at Q, more oxygen produced, more aerobic bacteria found at Q due to higher concentration of oxygen for respiration.

Latest

Trending

Trending