The Student Room Group

OCR F583 June 2015 Work and Leisure

Hi i know its late but i havent seen any threads around for W&L 2015 and I thought it would be really helpful to start one :smile:

does someone know any likely topics to come up??? has anyone's teacher suggested possible topics to come up in the first section of the exam?? my teacher hasnt prepared us for the exam so i would reaaallyyy appreciate any help!!

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by momo_koubani
Hi i know its late but i havent seen any threads around for W&L 2015 and I thought it would be really helpful to start one :smile:

does someone know any likely topics to come up??? has anyone's teacher suggested possible topics to come up in the first section of the exam?? my teacher hasnt prepared us for the exam so i would reaaallyyy appreciate any help!!

Thanks

Heya, I'm going to put this in the Economics forum for you as you should get more responses there.

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=82
What is it exactly we need to know about MRP?
Reply 3
hey guys, how are you revising for this exam?? Im dreading it cant seem to do a past paper to a good standard :frown:
Reply 4
anyone got any thoughts on what's likely to come up?
I'm also sitting this exam and have no idea on what might come up! I'm hoping for the essays on part B to be on MRP theory or market structures as these are what I'm best at. Definitely need to further revise poverty and essays on that
Original post by Victoria.M
I'm also sitting this exam and have no idea on what might come up! I'm hoping for the essays on part B to be on MRP theory or market structures as these are what I'm best at. Definitely need to further revise poverty and essays on that

my teacher told me there's always a question on market structure on the section B

however i have no clue what's going to be on the first section :s-smilie:

MRP came up a lot last year so i doubt it will come up again.
Original post by jamesbird18
MRP came up a lot last year so i doubt it will come up again.

Do you know what else came up last year? I can't find the paper
Do you know what else came up last year? I can't find the paper

No worries, the questions were as follows

2a analyse using a diagram the impact of a monopsonist employer on the labour market from which it recruits
2b discuss the extent to which govermount intervention is the best method of reducing labour market failure caused by a monopsonist employer

3a analyse using diagrams how changes in marginal revenue product explain the quantity of labour employed

3b discuss the extent to which demand side factors alone explain wage differentials in real world labour market

4a analyse the main causes of poverty in the uk
4b discuss the extent to which reforms of the tax and benefits system alone is the best method to reduce poverty in the uk
Original post by 22.22
anyone got any thoughts on what's likely to come up?

Market structures
No worries, the questions were as follows

2a analyse using a diagram the impact of a monopsonist employer on the labour market from which it recruits
2b discuss the extent to which govermount intervention is the best method of reducing labour market failure caused by a monopsonist employer

3a analyse using diagrams how changes in marginal revenue product explain the quantity of labour employed

3b discuss the extent to which demand side factors alone explain wage differentials in real world labour market

4a analyse the main causes of poverty in the uk
4b discuss the extent to which reforms of the tax and benefits system alone is the best method to reduce poverty in the uk

Thank you!!:smile::smile:
Thank you!!:smile::smile:

No problemmm, which do you think is most likely this year?
No problemmm, which do you think is most likely this year?

Seeing as market structures weren't there last year, I have my fingers crossed they will feature this year. I reckon section A will probably be about labour rather than leisure, do you have any thoughts???
Seeing as market structures weren't there last year, I have my fingers crossed they will feature this year. I reckon section A will probably be about labour rather than leisure, do you have any thoughts???

I think it will be split between labour/work. Last year the topics were
economies of scale
unit labour costs (8 marks total)
contestable market
Reply 15
Hi, would you answer this essay question:
Discuss the extent to which a leisure market of your choice is an oligopoly [20]
Preferably cinema market. Thanks a lot
I think it will be split between labour/work. Last year the topics were
economies of scale
unit labour costs (8 marks total)
contestable market

perhaps there will be more of a focus on government policies to correct labour market failure and stuff about the demographic timebomb
perhaps there will be more of a focus on government policies to correct labour market failure and stuff about the demographic timebomb

Yeah, I don't like the inequality stuff and pensions crisis etc too wishy washy i find it difficult to be clear and consie with it
Yeah, I don't like the inequality stuff and pensions crisis etc too wishy washy i find it difficult to be clear and consie with it

Yes I agree entirely, definitely not a fan!
do you guys think theres any chance monopsony will come up on the exam??

Quick Reply

Latest