The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by kingaaran
They normally have two answers which they accept, but I was going more for aluminium or stainless steel

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably I just thought the only problem with titanium was cost but he was only looking for enough to guid 1 bike frame so i said it didn't matter but idk, hope i get the marks...
Reply 61
I swear the positive and negative terminals in the copper purification question were switched around? But I followed the labels anyway...
Reply 62
Original post by Juliasc
I swear the positive and negative terminals in the copper purification question were switched around? But I followed the labels anyway...

What did you put for the labels? I put impure copper anode, pure copper cathode and copper sulcate solution
Counting up the marks after (as you do 😊) i would be confident at around 45 marks. Looking at previous grade boundaries i would say this is an A. What do you guys reckon?
Reply 64
Original post by iJAKE
What did you put for the labels? I put impure copper anode, pure copper cathode and copper sulcate solution

I put copper sulfate solution, but I put impure copper cathode and pure copper anode, because the + and - were that way around?
Original post by Juliasc
I put copper sulfate solution, but I put impure copper cathode and pure copper anode, because the + and - were that way around?

That's exactly what i put.
Reply 66
Original post by shabz(1997)

Okay thanks I feel slightly better now!
Original post by shabz(1997)

It makes no difference which way around the cathode and the anode are, the anode is always on the positive side and the cathode on the negative, so the correct answers were: Impure Copper Anode, Pure Copper Cathode and Copper Sulfate Solution. :smile:
Original post by Juliasc

You'd get one for the copper sulfate, but the cathode is negative always, and has an abundance of electrons, so won't allow copper to form a 2+ ion.

It was the anode on the left, with impure copper, like always, and the cathode on the right, with pure copper.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Juliasc

I put impure anode and pure copper cathode
Reply 70
Original post by Juliasc

But isn't the anode the positive electrode? That loses mass and is therefore impure copper? And cathode the negative electrode that gains mass, being the pure copper
Original post by jontypickles
It makes no difference which way around the cathode and the anode are, the anode is always on the positive side and the cathode on the negative, so the correct answers were: Impure Copper Anode, Pure Copper Cathode and Copper Sulfate Solution. :smile:

I put impure copper anode on the right ? is that wrong
Original post by Pikki1234
Same, but loads of people put limestone, so thats worrying me

I wrote sea water too, but for questions like these i dont think it matters if you get different answers- as long as the reasons are correct and valid, you may still get some marks.
Reply 73
im really worried about all the calculations on the last part of the paper, the mass and atom economy one??? i got 6g for the masses and then around 40% for the atom economy, but i got so confused with all the 2's in front of the compounds i didnt know if i was right :frown:
Original post by TheStrikingOne
I wrote sea water too, but for questions like these i dont think it matters if you get different answers- as long as the reasons are correct and valid, you may still get some marks.

The thing is,I was going to put sea water, but then I wondered 'why would OCR add that extra information (which favoured limestone) if they didn't want us to pick it' :s but everyone will probably get one, and the one OCR picks will be the one getting two :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheStrikingOne

I'm hoping i do get some marks
Original post by heryeol
im really worried about all the calculations on the last part of the paper, the mass and atom economy one??? i got 6g for the masses and then around 40% for the atom economy, but i got so confused with all the 2's in front of the compounds i didnt know if i was right :frown:

SAME ANSWERS HERE - 6g for the mass and around 40% for the atom economy. The percentage yield was 56, I think - can't remember the answers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 77
Original post by kingaaran
SAME ANSWERS HERE - 6g for the mass and around 40% for the atom economy. The percentage yield was 56, I think - can't remember the answers

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank god, i was panicking so much in the exam! lets hope theyre right!!
but for the percentage yield, i remember getting 46?
Which one was the atom economy one?? I cant remember it..
I got 45.8 or something for the atom economy and 46 for percentage yield

Latest

Trending

Trending