The Student Room Group

OCR A-Level Chemistry B Paper 3 (H433/03) - 23rd June 2023 [Exam Chat]

OCR A-Level Chemistry B Paper 3 (H433/03) - Friday 23rd June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: Friday 23rd June / AM
Length: 1h 30m

Resources
OCR B (Chemistry)

Scroll to see replies

Any predictions for what will come up?
Reply 2
If anyone has any predictions please lmk!! I hate the fact that this exam board has no resources because barely anyone does it.
Reply 3
Every science/maths OCR topic has had a very hard paper, paper 1&2 chemistry haven't been THAT hard so we all know what it means. Good luck everyone.
Reply 4
Original post by AryanRA
Every science/maths OCR topic has had a very hard paper, paper 1&2 chemistry haven't been THAT hard so we all know what it means. Good luck everyone.

oh god if its anything like ocr maths paper 3 were screwed
Reply 5
:frown:
I'm honestly just hoping for a nice recrystallisation q or something
Do you think this is the hardest exam board
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous9999900
Do you think this is the hardest exam board

Taking everything into account, 100%. I'm surprised why my school chose OCR in almost all major subjects.
Reply 9
Original post by AryanRA

Paper 1 was decent but paper 2 was so bad , people in my school came out crying after that paper.
Reply 10
Hey all, how are you revising for this exam? My teachers have given me no guidance or anything im just really lost..
i think lots of the colour changes and stuff will come up for example when reacting ligand complexes with ammonia and the ones in elements of the sea, redox titrations were in paper 1 so don't expect too much, tlc and gl chromatography might come up and maybe the arrhenius equation and LOTS of synthesis questions since they weren't really in paper 1 and 2 much
That was ok
How did people find it ?
Original post by KillSwitch12
How did people find it ?

What did u write for the first question
Original post by Goghhhgghggghhgg
What did u write for the first question

Is that the one about ozone?
If so it’s a primary pollutant which makes up a photochemical smog that’s causes respiratory issues
was the data first order ?
Reply 17
What did u write for the energy question did you multiply by mol or no?
Original post by hello83
What did u write for the energy question did you multiply by mol or no?

No because it only asked for it in kilojoules
i think this paper was really different to past papers. there was literally no practical skills except the extract. and also the last question was just so hard to digest and make sense of. feel like definitely harder than any other past paper

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending