The Student Room Group

Camp Leaders 2016

Scroll to see replies

Hey, for those who have already been through the application process, can you give a summary of what stuff you need to say and is there anything you need to pay now and what are the different stages?
Reply 21
Original post by PearJosh
Hey, for those who have already been through the application process, can you give a summary of what stuff you need to say and is there anything you need to pay now and what are the different stages?

Hey! if you check out the website or give them a call they will happily talk you through the process :biggrin: Or if you just start the application they will most likely give you a call anyway. It's pretty self explanatory :smile:
Original post by AshleyR94
Hey! if you check out the website or give them a call they will happily talk you through the process :biggrin: Or if you just start the application they will most likely give you a call anyway. It's pretty self explanatory :smile:

The total cost is like £650 including the medical form etc? Plus you'll need a lot for spending after the placement?
Hey I'm doing Camp Leaders this year and I have a few questions :smile:

-How long does it take to get an interview? I've been 'Ready to Hire' for about a week and I still haven't been on review. How long did it take you to go on review/ get an interview/ actually get hired?

-There is a Camp Directors Fair in January. Has anyone one been to one of these/ are they worth going to? I won't know anyone else going so any tips would be great.

- Traveling after camp? At the moment it doesn't look like any of my friends will be going to America but I really want to travel. Will I meet people at camp to travel with? Would you recommend getting a flexi return ticket/ are these more expensive?

Sorry for all the questions. My skills are trampolining, martial arts and hockey btw :smile:
It depends. I went on review 2 days later but my friend is still waiting a few weeks later and we were ready to hire at the same time so I think it just depends
Reply 25
Been on review for a week now... Just want to find out if I'm going haha!!
Anyone else going to the Edinburgh job fair?
Original post by kgno3
Been on review for a week now... Just want to find out if I'm going haha!!
Anyone else going to the Edinburgh job fair?

Same!! No idea how long it's supposed to take for them to contact you but it's so annoying waiting 😂 I'm either going to th Edinburgh or Liverpool one
Reply 27
Original post by EFerguson1996
Same!! No idea how long it's supposed to take for them to contact you but it's so annoying waiting 😂 I'm either going to th Edinburgh or Liverpool one

I was on review for a week and didn't hear anything from the camp so I was automatically taken off review! I contacted Camp Leaders who contacted them about it :smile: Back on review with them now, but haven't heard haha.

Planning on going to London recruitment :smile:
Reply 28

I'm swaying towards going to the Liverpool one as well because there are more camps there but it's trying to get there is the problem 😂 Hopefully we'll hear soon!!!
Reply 29
I am now placed!

I was 'Ready to Hire' for a couple of days before being placed on review by a boys camp in Pennsylvania. I had a Skype interview the next day and everything was confirmed and I got a copy of my contract emailed to me.

So excited now!
Original post by leeb92
I am now placed!

I was 'Ready to Hire' for a couple of days before being placed on review by a boys camp in Pennsylvania. I had a Skype interview the next day and everything was confirmed and I got a copy of my contract emailed to me.

So excited now!

What did they ask you on the Skype interview?
Original post by leeb92
I am now placed!

So excited now!

Ah that was very quick!! I'm on review for Camp Equinunk and Blue Ridge but been on review for 2 weeks and still heard nothing 😔 How did they set up your skype interview?
What are your skills have? I have been ready to hire for about a week and a half but I havent been on review yet.
Congrats on getting placed by the way :smile:
Original post by TravelNerd
What are your skills have? I have been ready to hire for about a week and a half but I havent been on review yet.
Congrats on getting placed by the way :smile:

When did you start applying and did you have to make a video?
Reply 34
Ah that was very quick!! I'm on review for Camp Equinunk and Blue Ridge but been on review for 2 weeks and still heard nothing 😔 How did they set up your skype interview?

I just got emailed from the Camp Director. He told me a little more about what my role would be and asked me to have a look on their website. I had to email him back saying I was interested then he just suggested some times for interview :smile:

Hope you get placed soon!
Just wondering if anyone knows if camp leaders provide like a hostel/hotel to stay in when you first arrive in USA?
Reply 36
I'll be doing media/computer stuff as well as a bit of football! Camp will also be training me on the ropes course. A nice variety :smile:

I started my application late November. Yeah, I made a video which was awful.
Equinunk and Blue Ridge is a great camp with a big international staff, hope you get placed :smile:
Original post by fasteddy
Equinunk and Blue Ridge is a great camp with a big international staff, hope you get placed :smile:

I had an interview with them yesterday and think I'll be going, I can't wait!
Reply 39
how long did it take for you to become placed? or even on view for the first time? feels as though ive been waiting forever and nothing happening!

Quick Reply

Latest