The Student Room Group

Solo travel program recommendations?

I am planning to do some solo travelling before I go off too university. I'm eighteen so want to join a program/volunteer type thing rather than being completely alone. Does anyone have any recommendation, I've looked into World Packers which looks good. Just unsure of how old the other people will be. Camp America is also one people recommend but I'm not sure it's for me
Original post by Hdjxkebxkeoxb
I am planning to do some solo travelling before I go off too university. I'm eighteen so want to join a program/volunteer type thing rather than being completely alone. Does anyone have any recommendation, I've looked into World Packers which looks good. Just unsure of how old the other people will be. Camp America is also one people recommend but I'm not sure it's for me
Hi there, this sounds like a great idea. I used to work in the travel industry and a company that still holds a great reputation is Responsible Travel. They also have a volunteering section. You could contact them and see what their suggestion would be for trips most suitable to your age group: https://www.responsibletravel.com/holidays/volunteer-travel Good luck!
Reply 2
There are so many options but you will need to narrow down where you want to go or what you want to do. I went to volunteer in Thailand, backpacked solo and did a group tour which was a lot of fun. I've not heard of World Packers but Camp America is a great way to get paid and experience the US for summer. This site has lots of volunteer abroad programs or for trips and things maybe a gap year site like Gap Year World might help you to find something. Good luck :smile:
That's such an exciting plan you've got there! It's fantastic that you're considering solo traveling before university. World Packers and Camp America both offer incredible experiences, but it's understandable if you're unsure about the age; reaching out directly to the organizers could give you a better feel for the vibe and age range of participants. Trust your gut and go with what feels suitable for you. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest