The Student Room Group

OCR Latin GCSE Official Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 14Abbott
How did you guys find prose (Pliny??) Am I the only one who thought the 10-marker was really hard for style points???

I thought that question was fair I was just struggling to remember points I hope what I put down will be ok
Original post by Crème brûlée
Day in the life????? My ten mark question was from Death of Pliny! :/

Yes I was thinking that too
How did everyone find the paper today overall?

I did the Pliny section- section B and when I opened the paper and saw section A I panicked for a moment thinking I'd missed something out :smile:. Oops. Other than that I think that paper was actually nice, I'm just hoping that they don't make Thursday's paper too hard.
Original post by Crème brûlée
Day in the life????? My ten mark question was from Death of Pliny! :/

I am an absolute idiot 😂 Please ignore me! How did you find the exam? What did you put for the 8 mark question? Thanks :smile:
Original post by niv1234
Yes I was thinking that too

Ignore me sorry I am an idiot 😂
Original post by Pepsi Cola :)
Ignore me sorry I am an idiot 😂

It's fine don't worry. So how did you find everything?
Reply 186
I found it ok actually! But i had to do it straight after my drama essays exam with no break D:

I found the exam quite short? Like there were only very few longish qs apart from the 8 and 10 marks x
Original post by niv1234
It's fine don't worry. So how did you find everything?

Actually the Latin exams have surprisingly been really good for me so far! I think that they have been better than all the mocks/past papers I did (lol hope I don't jinx it 😂). What did u put for the 8 and 10 markers? I only came up with 6 for the 10 marker (is that enough?) and I hope my 8 marker was OK because my 8 markers in the past haven't been great ngl! 😬
Original post by Crobby
I found it ok actually! But i had to do it straight after my drama essays exam with no break D:

I found the exam quite short? Like there were only very few longish qs apart from the 8 and 10 marks x

Ooh poor you with the Drama exam! Some of my friends who do drama have said that it is such a hard subject (they didn't have to do an exam at the end though, just lots and lots of controlled assessments). I noticed that as well! I was really glad about that though! How was the timing for you? I was writing up to the last minute 😬 X
Actually the Latin exams have surprisingly been really good for me so far! I think that they have been better than all the mocks/past papers I did (lol hope I don't jinx it 😂). What did u put for the 8 and 10 markers? I only came up with 6 for the 10 marker (is that enough?) and I hope my 8 marker was OK because my 8 markers in the past haven't been great ngl! 😬

I think 6 points is more than enough for the 10 marker. I think I only put 4 or 5 but I developed them quite a bit. I think I just blabbed for both of them. For the 8 marker I wrote about how he is brave and studious but on the other hand being too much of those things can be bad? For the 10 marker I just talked about the chiasmus and enveloped participle etc. I found language 2 quite hard the other 2 were ok though I am just hoping that the next one is nice though.
Original post by niv1234
I think 6 points is more than enough for the 10 marker. I think I only put 4 or 5 but I developed them quite a bit. I think I just blabbed for both of them. For the 8 marker I wrote about how he is brave and studious but on the other hand being too much of those things can be bad? For the 10 marker I just talked about the chiasmus and enveloped participle etc. I found language 2 quite hard the other 2 were ok though I am just hoping that the next one is nice though.

I put exactly the same things as you for the 10 and 8 markers! Yup I did the enveloped participle (the one about a mixture of ash and pumice right?). I thought language 2 was OK, but I know have made some incredibly stupid mistakes (I put wayyyy too many ablative absolutes :frown: What was going through my brain... 😂). OCR seems to have been pretty nice to us this year so far. Hopefully the Verse paper is nice too! Also thank you for the follow 😊
(edited 7 years ago)
I put exactly the same things as you for the 10 and 8 markers! Yup I did the enveloped participle (the one about a mixture of ash and pumice right?). I thought language 2 was OK, but I know have made some incredibly stupid mistakes (I put wayyyy too many ablative absolutes :frown: What was going through my brain... 😂). OCR seems to have been pretty nice to us this year so far. Hopefully the Verse paper is nice too! Also thank you for the follow 😊

Yes thats the same one I put. I got the whole bit with her stomach wrong, I was so confused. I hope its nice too. Well good luck :smile:
I am an absolute idiot 😂 Please ignore me! How did you find the exam? What did you put for the 8 mark question? Thanks :smile:

ah no problem :smile: i thought the test generally went quite well- for the 8 mark question I said Pliny was brave, selfless, confident, studious, but also a little foolish. Overall I said he was admirable.

However that test scared the hell out of me... I had one minute left, and I saw I left a page blank! the page about Arria and what her son was like. I just managed to finish it and I got the right answers but my handwriting was AWFUL. really doubt the examiner will understand it...
Anyone doing their verse exam on Thursday? Anyone doing Nisus and Euryalus :s?
Reply 194
Original post by Ellaramsay_
Anyone doing their verse exam on Thursday? Anyone doing Nisus and Euryalus :s?

yes and i havent learnt any yet haha
Reply 195
Original post by igggy

omg same
Reply 196
Ooh poor you with the Drama exam! Some of my friends who do drama have said that it is such a hard subject (they didn't have to do an exam at the end though, just lots and lots of controlled assessments). I noticed that as well! I was really glad about that though! How was the timing for you? I was writing up to the last minute 😬 X

Same! Trying to put as much as possible for those 8 and 10 marks!
Original post by igggy

ive learnt up to page 9 but the end is awful and cant do any of it. Any ideas what the big markers will be on
Reply 198
Original post by Crobby
omg same

just gonna bang it out after physics tomorrow
Reply 199
Original post by Ellaramsay_
ive learnt up to page 9 but the end is awful and cant do any of it. Any ideas what the big markers will be on

no idea haha i know two pages and dont have time tilll after physics tomoz whcih finishes at 4...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending