The Student Room Group

Are the SUVAT equations in the M1 Formula book?

Are the SUVAT equations in the M1 Formula book? 8th June 'AM' exam?
Reply 1
No.
Original post by Bysteven

There are no equations for m1 given
Reply 3

Unfortunately not!
Reply 4
That sucks! I'm just revising all the extra cosine equations too incase they come up! e.g. a^2 = b^2 + c+2 - 2bc cosA,
and I'm double checking all my sine and cosine rules for the incline plane question which is sure to come up.
Reply 5
That sucks! I'm just revising all the extra cosine equations too incase they come up! e.g. a^2 = b^2 + c+2 - 2bc cosA,
and I'm double checking all my sine and cosine rules for the incline plane question which is sure to come up.

Have you had a look at the booklet...? The cosine rule is given. Why are you wasting your time learning it? Learn the things that are not on the booklet, like SUVAT.

(assuming you are Edexcel)
(edited 7 years ago)

Which exam board is this?

Edexcel formula booklet
Reply 7
Original post by Zacken
Have you had a look at the booklet...? The cosine rule is given. Why are you wasting your time learning it? Learn the things that are not on the booklet, like SUVAT.

I'm pretty sure there is no formulae given for M1 from what I can see, 'There are no formulae given for M1 in addition to those candidates are expected to know.'
Reply 8
I'm pretty sure there is no formulae given for M1 from what I can see, 'There are no formulae given for M1 in addition to those candidates are expected to know.'

Look under C2. You get given the entire booklet in the exam. It's not just that because you are in the exam you're forbidden from turning the page back and looking at the C2 formulae...
Reply 9
Original post by Zacken
Look under C2. You get given the entire booklet in the exam. It's not just that because you are in the exam you're forbidden from turning the page back and looking at the C2 formulae...

Ahh that's not too bad then, should be fine with only 3 to learn I already know v^2 = u +at and s = 1/2 (u+v)t
Reply 10
Ahh that's not too bad then, should be fine with only 3 to learn I already know v^2 = u +at and s = 1/2 (v+v)t

Do you mean v = u+ at and s = t/2 ( u+v)? :tongue:

But yeah, get off TSR and go learn 'em! :lol:
Reply 11
Ahh that's not too bad then, should be fine with only 3 to learn I already know v^2 = u +at and s = 1/2 (u+v)t

V = u + at, not v^2

Your others are:
V^2 = u^2 + 2as
S = ut + 0.5(a)t^2
And s = 0.5(u+v)t, as you have.
Reply 12
Point proven :smile: Thanks for your helps guys!

Quick Reply

Latest