The Student Room Group

2016 Official AQA New Spec AS Level Physics Paper 2 - 9th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 620
Original post by 11234
What did everyone put for why the meter wasnt suitable

I got that each division would be worth 2000 μV so all of the values would lie between 0 and the first small line, so you could not take accurate enough readings... But it don't know if thats right.
seeing as no one got the same I'm guessing it was wrong, but for the zero error one I got 0.37 as it was minus 0.07😭 can someone explain it to me please
Reply 622
Original post by rs98
I got that each division would be worth 2000 μV so all of the values would lie between 0 and the first small line, so you could not take accurate enough readings... But it don't know if thats right.

I said something along those lines and how range is not enough meaning you cant get a precise and accurate measurement but i forgot to mention 2000
Reply 623
Original post by bowliez
seeing as no one got the same I'm guessing it was wrong, but for the zero error one I got 0.37 as it was minus 0.07😭 can someone explain it to me please

If you've got a scale and it when it's closed it reads -0.07, and then when you are taking a reading it is 0.44, then the reading is how far it's moved, i.e. 0.44 - - 0.07 = 0.44 + 0.07 = 0.51mm
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 624
Original post by 11234
I said something along those lines and how range is not enough meaning you cant get a precise and accurate measurement but i forgot to mention 2000

I don't know if you would have to mention it for the marks, but I just thought since we had just worked out the maximum value, and it said how many divisions there were, I would include it just in case.
Reply 625
How do linear exams work do we get ums?
Original post by KilliKonKarnage
Yo, you worked out hours, when Power is energy transferred per second. So I did divided by (365x24x60x60) but I'm not sure now. Is energy also written as kWh?

Does kWh=J or does it =kJ

I though you have to find it per second , it says kWh so 1000 x 10^3 W divided by 3600
And i got 277
Original post by rs98
If you've got a scale and it when it's closed it reads -0.07, and then when you are taking a reading it is 0.44, then the reading is how far it's moved, i.e. 0.44 - - 0.07 = 0.44 + 0.07 = 0.51mm

how ever it could've been that when the clips were closed the student might have closed it tightly. so they said at roughly 20mm the reading was 0.2(something) so by using that it was a value of 0.4398... for the string
Reply 628
Original post by nav5678
how ever it could've been that when the clips were closed the student might have closed it tightly. so they said at roughly 20mm the reading was 0.2(something) so by using that it was a value of 0.4398... for the string

I think that the roughly 20mm was just to give you an example of how to read the scale. I don't think that you were supposed to use that value to calculate anything else.
Original post by alhrona
I though you have to find it per second , it says kWh so 1000 x 10^3 W divided by 3600
And i got 277

Yeah thats what I did
Original post by metrize
I wrote that assuming 365 days in a year, the number they gave us divided by (365*24) and that equals 114W

Yeah but the question gives you a value of 100kWh, h is hours I think, so to get Watts you divide by (60×60) which is 1 hour
Is there an unofficial mark scheme yet?
Original post by rs98
Yes i said that. I said that cos of that the readings wont be precise enough and the range too large
Original post by KilliKonKarnage
Yo, you worked out hours, when Power is energy transferred per second. So I did divided by (365x24x60x60) but I'm not sure now. Is energy also written as kWh?

Does kWh=J or does it =kJ

It was kWh so i thought it was kW multipled by hours as the units said so i divided by hours ti just get kW on its own
Original post by mstrcvk
Yeah but the question gives you a value of 100kWh, h is hours I think, so to get Watts you divide by (60×60) which is 1 hour

It was kWh so i divided by hours to get just kW
Pretty sure im right, if you google kwh to kw it tells you that you divide by hours
Reply 636
So pissed off I forgot to add the ball's diameter to the measurement to it's surface in the moments question. I swear if error carried forward in this paper isn't nice I'm gonna do so bad.
Reply 637
Original post by CBPAS

2015 it was 97/140 for an A
2014 - 109/140
2013 - 108/140
2012 - 105/140
2011 - 101/140

so probably around 100-110 for an A but you can't really tell since its the first year

Thanks bro. That gives me much more hope tbh. Luckily I think I did enough in Paper one.
What did people get for the Young's modulus ? Think it was 4 marks
Original post by metrize
Pretty sure im right, if you google kwh to kw it tells you that you divide by hours

Yeah but kWh is not a standard unit of power so i got 278 W

Quick Reply

Latest