The Student Room Group

AQA C2 & C3 (GCSE) Exam 15th June 2016 (Triple Science)

How is everyone feeling for tomorrow's exam? Any suggestions for the 6 markers?
Original post by bod247
How is everyone feeling for tomorrow's exam? Any suggestions for the 6 markers?

for c2 maybe electrolysis could be one?

not sure for c3
I'm feelin good actually....... C3 is good slightly worried about C2, but hey the first paper was science so hopefully this one will be too
Reply 3
Hopefully as its the last year they will make the C2 and C3 easy with low grade boudaries
I think plastic bags will come up as the 6 marker on C2, like either how they're made or the ethics of using them. For C3 I predict it will be to do with titrations like setting it up and how to neutralise acid or alkali. I'm looking forward to C3 more than C2 because it is more fresh in my mind but idk.
Reply 5
Original post by waddupdatboi
I think plastic bags will come up as the 6 marker on C2, like either how they're made or the ethics of using them. For C3 I predict it will be to do with titrations like setting it up and how to neutralise acid or alkali. I'm looking forward to C3 more than C2 because it is more fresh in my mind but idk.

How are plastic bags made??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z1820
How are plastic bags made??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Didn't mean it like how they're actually made. Mostly polyethylene.
It's a thermosoftening plastic. You need crude oil to make it. so it isn't renewable. We are wasting them, that's why they charge 5p now because they cost quite a bit to make. They're not biodegradable, which leads to space used in landfill etc etc. And sate alternatives like biodegradable plastics and paper, which are more economical.
scared for c2 because i've been teaching myself all of C3 because i had no lessons on it :frown:
Original post by jazz_xox_
scared for c2 because i've been teaching myself all of C3 because i had no lessons on it :frown:

We'll be fine, just hoping for empirical formula and reacting masses to come up in C2 and titration calculations for C3 beause they're easy marks
Original post by waddupdatboi
We'll be fine, just hoping for empirical formula and reacting masses to come up in C2 and titration calculations for C3 beause they're easy marks

Yeah, I hope the 6 marker isn't too bad and I hope there's not 2 this time like on b3
Yeah AQA are unpredictable
hey could anyone here help with the titration calculations... we havent been taught it properly in class
Reply 12
Who else is gonna fail C3 but smash C2?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending