The Student Room Group

OCR Biology F212 (Molecules, Biodiversity, Food and Health)- 21st May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3880
Original post by mollster57
What was the colorimeter question actually asking?

I answered it by describing how to use the colorimeter to determine the concentration, but my friend thought it asked how to determine the concentration WITHOUT a colorimeter?

HELP

i think its WITHOUT a colorimeter...
but i have no idea how

I answered it by describing how to use the colorimeter to determine the concentration, but my friend thought it asked how to determine the concentration WITHOUT a colorimeter?

HELP

yh it was asking how they'd do the test, because the student didn't have a colorimeter.
Reply 3882

HELP

it was without. First you descirbe the benedicts test.

Then you describe a method without.

I said eaither measure precipitate or use a colour shade chart (I made the colour shade chart up :smile:)

HELP

It did say without a colorimeter. IE compare filtrate/precipitate colour with filtrate/precipitates from known concentrations and see which the colour closest resembles
What did everyone put for the % Q about the smokers?
Original post by danigraciela
polysaccharide? that what I put

no it was a beta glucose?
Reply 3886
Original post by TurtleG
i think its WITHOUT a colorimeter...
but i have no idea how

Filter the percipitate and weight it?

Probably wrong :frown:
Reply 3887
A method without a colourimeter would be to compare the masses of the filtrates, centrifuging etc.

I can't believe I thought it was with lol. Gives me some comfort to know other people are in the same boat as me. You think they'd at least offer some marks still?

HELP

I think it was asking to describe how to test for a non-reducing sugar and then determine the concentration without a colorimeter. I said that they can judge by looking at the colour of the precipitate formed...don't know if it's correct though :redface:
Original post by BulletproofHeart

11.1% anything in the region would be accepted (depends on how many DP you read the graph to)

11.3%
Original post by im so fresh
same ):
hate myself for that.

I put envrionmental and genetic as well, I can't believe I didn't click on that it was continuous and discontinuous! I know them as well :-(
Original post by falcoe
Okay who got 11.3 ???

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

that was me... by the way (i got 11.3%) but how comes posted this at 3:00, we finished at 3:20...
Original post by Meme4

You either time how long it takes to change colour, or see what stage it stops at (e.g. not Brick Red)

I think i got 12.7% decrease :confused:
Reply 3895
for the amylose similarities and differences I put:

Similarity = they are both unbranched

Difference = amylose is coiled, this one is not :/
OMG AAHAHHHHSAFDHSAHFHSAHGFHSAHHHADHGDA

That's my response to this homosexual exam.
Reply 3897
Original post by Meme4

That's what i put :smile:
Absolutely spiffing paper, didn't enjoy the fact that there was nothing on DNA replication or immune response but apart from that the questions were easily worded if you knew the specification.
Original post by Nerdy Pig
I think i got 12.7% decrease :confused:

i got that first but then i changed it and got 11.3
it wanted the %decrease so you had to divide by the total.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending