The Student Room Group

Geography NEA

Hiya! I'm an A level geography student doing their NEA at the moment. My teacher has given me some ideas on an investigation and as I am a biology student too, I'm thinking of looking into biodiversity in different areas of where I'm studying, however, I have 0 clue how I'm meant to actually collect any data for this whatsoever. Any advice is greatly appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
hi!!!
im also doing my NEA ummm id probably suggest quadrats and transects as one? soz im not a teacher or anything but that coukd be a valid investigation especially if u have like insects in there too
but in ur write up you could deffo suggest how it may not be the most reliale as its an average across the whole area
u may also look for ideas on investigating biodiversity on like youtube?
hope this helps :smile:
]
Reply 2
Original post by rawds123
hi!!!
im also doing my NEA ummm id probably suggest quadrats and transects as one? soz im not a teacher or anything but that coukd be a valid investigation especially if u have like insects in there too
but in ur write up you could deffo suggest how it may not be the most reliale as its an average across the whole area
u may also look for ideas on investigating biodiversity on like youtube?
hope this helps :smile:
]

Thank you very much ^^ I will give it a shot and have a look at those.
Reply 3
Original post by mochakoi
Hiya! I'm an A level geography student doing their NEA at the moment. My teacher has given me some ideas on an investigation and as I am a biology student too, I'm thinking of looking into biodiversity in different areas of where I'm studying, however, I have 0 clue how I'm meant to actually collect any data for this whatsoever. Any advice is greatly appreciated :smile:

Just sort of giving some advice, if your geography spec doesnt talk about biodiversity I wouldnt recommend choosing it. If you're doing ecosystems under stress you're fine and ignore this but if you pick something inside of your spec teachers can offer a bit more guidance about your plan and methods.
I’m also currently doing NEA and I would recommend doing vegetation sand dune succession as you can do Quadrats and assess the biodiversity of the dunes and link it to the geography it’s a mix of both geography and biology. I also found that this topic is soooo easy to research! Literally found a website telling me what data I should collect how to collect it. And my teacher said that by past experiences, ppl that did sand dune succession tends to get the most marks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending