Birmingham

Official University of Birmingham

Scroll to see replies

You shall be graced by my presence in the coming month
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 121
Hi,I'm interested in studying Political Economy at Birmingham next year and I was wondering if my application if worth it. For AS I got:colone:nglish Lit: C (1UMS off a B)Sociology: BBusiness Sudies: BEconomics: D (1UMS off a C)I've done plenty of extracurricular stuff like a relevant EPQ as well as the royal economic society essay competition. I've been predicted AAB for A2, which is higher than the ABB requirement so I was just wondering if my application was worth submitting.Thank you
Reply 122
Does anyone know what's happening with our timetables!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 123
Original post by mmmelm3
Hi guys, I'm a current second year English student at UoB, if you have any questions feel free to ask!

Also I am a part of a scheme with Lloyds Banking Group which provides students from low income backgrounds financial support and internships. Applications are currently open and I promise if you apply it is a decision you won't regret. In the past two years I have gone to the House of Lords, had two internships in Edinburgh and London and have met some of my closest friends. I promise that if you take the leap of faith it will really enhance an already fantastic time of UoB

(soz for spam)

http://www.lloyds-scholars.com/home

Hello,
Do you know if a major minor degree is available for biology and maths or a modern language?
thanks!
Reply 124
Hi, i really want to go to the university of Birmingham and study psychology. My GCSE results were not as good as i expected 2As 2Bs and 7Cs including English( 1 off the next grade:angry:) and Maths. Nevertheless i got into the best sixth-form in my area to study Sociology, History, Philosophy and ethics and Business. I know i meet the minimum requirements for the course at Birmingham and my A2 is predicted at As and A*s. I also have been part of a psychological society. How are my chances?
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi,
I'm looking into applying to study sports science at Birmingham in September 2016 and I've got a few questions. I currently study biology, pe and geography and have an AS in psychology. My results didn't go to plan but I'm retaking some modules, how will this affect my chances of receiving an offer? Also, how competitive is it to get a place on the course and what kind of offer would I expect to get if offered? Thankyou :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello everyone :smile:

I visited the university for a Conference in August and really liked it! I am putting it down as one of my 5 choices. However I do have one concern: I had to repeat year 12 (with different subjects) because my subjects weren't right for me and my college wasn't very supportive (I have Asperger's).
I'd like to know if this would be a problem when I'm applying?

Thank you :smile:
I'm applying to Oxford to read linguistics and french; do you reckon putting UOB as my second choice is a good thing to do?
Reply 128
Need some studying advice from someone who has studied or is currently in the LLB program at University of Birmingham. please message me
(edited 8 years ago)
After messing up the MLAT for Oxford admissions, I am coming to Birmingham haha! Hi guys :biggrin:
Hi, do you allow transfers for entry onto psychology year 2?? and do you know the requirements for transferring? (i have 320 ucas points)
Reply 131
Hi my son has firmed Birmingham to study Chemistry, despite the awful labs. Other benefits out way the negative! However I keep reading articles about the demolition of the Chem Labs. Is this true? If so, when and where will the new ones be? I know there is a new STEM building being built but when will that be complete?

3) Demolition of a) the Gun Barrels public house and b) bungalow adjacent to the South Car Park, c) Terrace Huts, d) chemistry west building and research unit, f) main campus library, g) substation, h) Munrow sports
Original post by University of Birmingham

Hi everyone

Welcome to the University of Birmingham's official thread.

So whether you’re set to come and study here in September or you’re only just thinking about applying to University, the team are here to answer your questions about life at Birmingham, the courses we offer, our facilities, accommodation and everything in between.

The University of Birmingham team

I was thinking of doing Chemical engineering/Chemistry but im not quite sure is i need any work experience for Chemistry? I would be much obliged if you could get back to me on this and tell me what sort of other curricular activity you like to see on a personal statement.

Thanks,
Original post by DiGreg
Hi my son has firmed Birmingham to study Chemistry, despite the awful labs. Other benefits out way the negative! However I keep reading articles about the demolition of the Chem Labs. Is this true? If so, when and where will the new ones be? I know there is a new STEM building being built but when will that be complete?

3) Demolition of a) the Gun Barrels public house and b) bungalow adjacent to the South Car Park, c) Terrace Huts, d) chemistry west building and research unit, f) main campus library, g) substation, h) Munrow sports

If you don't mid me asking, I was thinking of doing Chemistry at Birmingham and was wondering what sort of work experience did your son do for Chemistry?
Original post by saeed97
You shall be graced by my presence in the coming month

Just about to finish my last week of my first year and i can gladly say i have hated every moment of it :smile:
If only my eyesight was better i could have gotten into the army but oh well. Gonna end up with a mech eng degree from your dull uni in 2 years time.
Reply 135
Original post by Jassy16
If you don't mid me asking, I was thinking of doing Chemistry at Birmingham and was wondering what sort of work experience did your son do for Chemistry?

He worked in a GP surgery for a week and a days taster session in a biomed department at our local hospital. He's also in a band and did DofE so lots of extra curricular stuff
Hi, I have an unconditional offer for Birmingham Uni to study Aancient History but am concerned about the student surveys which report that "quality of feedback" and "prompt feedback" in the department are poor. Would like with he a current ancient history student if possible
I am just finishing my final year at university of Birmingham studying ancient history. I've found work is returned very promptly myself. This year they have shortened the minimum return date.
I believe there have been incidents where particular courses have been late returning work but these incidents can be reported to your student rep and should be dealt with. On average Birmingham has an incredibly prompt return system for work. Really hope you choose to go to Birmingham. Amazing lecturers and a great campus. Best of luck.

[list]

1 week ago

How's the Electronic and Electrical Engineering(EEE) department at Bham? Anyone doing EEE? do you like it? Also I have got admission in M Eng EEE. Many of my friends and relatives are asking me -Is it UG or PG? I am sick of explaining them that it is Masters but Undergraduate. Can anyone clarify if it is as good as proper Masters.

When will we receive our timetables and be able to choose our optional modules? Some of my friends at other universities have chosen modules already and I don't want to miss out.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending