The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

firming university of birmingham

i keep on seeing videos on bham being bankrupt and dangerous and its rlly altering my perception of bham and whether or not i’ll regret firming it. does anyone have any advice?? i would like to feel some sense of security knowing i will be living there for 3+ years especially as a woman
Original post by Anonymous #1
i keep on seeing videos on bham being bankrupt and dangerous and its rlly altering my perception of bham and whether or not i’ll regret firming it. does anyone have any advice?? i would like to feel some sense of security knowing i will be living there for 3+ years especially as a woman
I have firmed UoB too!
Don't worry about the councils financial issues, the council doesn't fund the uni so it won't have any impact.
Also, as a woman myself who lives by bham and visits frequently, I and not rly worried abt danger. Every single city has dangers to some extent. What I like abt UoB is that its a campus uni, so you don't walk round the city to get the classes and stuff, its all on the campus which naturally, is safer.
UoB is such a good uni! Dont let the media skew your opinion just because of a small percentage of the city.
Hope that helps :smile:

p.s what course have you firmed?
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Original post by lilllieeevv
I have firmed UoB too!
Don't worry about the councils financial issues, the council doesn't fund the uni so it won't have any impact.
Also, as a woman myself who lives by bham and visits frequently, I and not rly worried abt danger. Every single city has dangers to some extent. What I like abt UoB is that its a campus uni, so you don't walk round the city to get the classes and stuff, its all on the campus which naturally, is safer.
UoB is such a good uni! Dont let the media skew your opinion just because of a small percentage of the city.
Hope that helps :smile:
p.s what course have you firmed?
thank you !! im hopefully going to firm for chemical engineering wbu?
Reply 3
Hey there Nursing student here, I commute in but you should not feel afraid at all. The uni is privately funded and has very large coffers. It is one of the top 100 universities in the world with a competitive application process. You should feel proud to be chosen because you beat 1000s. I hope you have a really good time.
Reply 4
I firmed too just got my email :smile: congratulations Lillie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending