The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

The Official University of Birmingham Applicants for 2024 Entry Thread

The Official University of Birmingham 2024 Entry Thread

Hi :hi:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Birmingham for 2024!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Here are a few suggested opening questions, but ask whatever you want regarding Birmingham.

1) What A Levels are you doing (or other eligible qualifications)?
2) What course at Birmingham do you have your eyes on? And why?
3) What grades did you get/are you predicted to get at GCSE and Sixth Form?
4) Why Birmingham specifically?
5) Which admissions tests do you have to sit if any, and when will you start preparing for them?
6) Will you be attending any Open Days?
7) How are you feeling about starting University?
8) Other unis you're interested in?

You can find a directory linking to all of the other university applicant threads here.

General TSR rules (read before posting in this thread):
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links along with any social media contact details both in this thread and via PM. Such posts will simply be reported and removed as standard.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.
(edited 7 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi,
I am a student from India. Want to do my undergrad. Have written my UCAT and scored 2540 Band 4. I know that this may not make me eligible for medicine but can i apply for other courses like biomedical/biochemistry etc?

I have strong scores in school and strong predicted scores for 12th. Do help me.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Hi I am currently studying Geology, Geography, and English language. I’m applying for Geology and it would be cool to know if anyone else is doing geology because so far I haven’t seen anyone :,) Birmingham is such a cool campus and the academic and career opportunities look amazing! It’s my dream uni and I really hope I get in 🤞
hello all, if you have received an offer from birmingham, click here: Official University of Birmingham Offer Holders Thread for 2024 entry - The Student Room and view other official offer holder applicant threads here: Official Offer Holder Threads for 2024 - The Student Room
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi I am currently studying Geology, Geography, and English language. I’m applying for Geology and it would be cool to know if anyone else is doing geology because so far I haven’t seen anyone :,) Birmingham is such a cool campus and the academic and career opportunities look amazing! It’s my dream uni and I really hope I get in 🤞

my firm is for geology at bham!
Original post by Anonymous #2
my firm is for geology at bham!

nicee did you get an email after you applied? still haven't heard anything from birmingham
Original post by Anonymous #3

nicee did you get an email after you applied? still haven't heard anything from birmingham

no! I got an email from them confirming my offer, but nothing about an offer holder day or anything? and nothing about having them as my firm. I was thinking of emailing them about the offer holder day?
Anyone heard back re: MPharm?
Original post by Anonymous #4

I have an offer for mpharm at Birmingham
Hi everyone, just applied for postgrad recently on the 2nd of Jan and excited (and scared) to hear back. I've only applied to University of Birmingham and WBS - unfortunately, quite restricted due to where I'm staying. I'm international, but have been all over the UK as my bf is British. Should be interesting to see how this whole experience compares to my bachelor's.
Original post by Anonymous #2
no! I got an email from them confirming my offer, but nothing about an offer holder day or anything? and nothing about having them as my firm. I was thinking of emailing them about the offer holder day?

Did they get back to you?
Original post by Anonymous #5
I have an offer for mpharm at Birmingham

When did you submit your ucas form please?
Original post by BigBadWolfyBoy

When did you submit your ucas form please?

October 10th then I got an interview invite 30th November, did interview on 12th December, but they closed for Christmas soon after this and I got an offer 3rd January
Original post by Anonymous #7

Did they get back to you?

haven’t emailed yet, was gonna wait till the end of the week
Has anyone who wasnt early entry had an offer for the MPharm? Have offers now for all four other choices, just Birmingham holding me up making decisions.
Hey so I applied to UoB on 3rd Jan, and they sent this yesterday- "Thank you for your patience while we continue to review your application. There are several reasons that may indicate why your application is still under review at this stage:."

should I be worried???
Original post by Anonymous #8
Hey so I applied to UoB on 3rd Jan, and they sent this yesterday- "Thank you for your patience while we continue to review your application. There are several reasons that may indicate why your application is still under review at this stage:."

should I be worried???

I applied on the 4th and got an email last week eluding to something along of the lines of missing documents, so I rechecked and there are all there - guess it's just a filler email
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by HelmetHoney98
I applied on the 4th and got an email last week eluding to something along of the lines of missing documents, so I rechecked and there are all there, so I ignored it

well for me it just mentioned that " The programme you have applied for may be highly competitive and you should be aware that your application may be held until after the UCAS equal consideration deadline of 31 January 2024 if this is the case or Your application has been referred to the Admissions Tutor for further consideration."
Original post by Anonymous #4

Just had an offer this week 😁
Reply 19
Original post by 2005supergirl
Just had an offer this week 😁

Got my mpharm offer too!😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending