The Student Room Group

Geography OCR B 18th June GCSE

Scroll to see replies

Original post by simibean
In need 111 out of 120 in this exam to get an A* overall!!

I have to get exactly the same! Im hoping that 63/75 will get me that, as that seems possible.
Reply 21
Original post by GAB
I have to get exactly the same! Im hoping that 63/75 will get me that, as that seems possible.

What did you get in your coursework and SDME?
Reply 22
Approx how many marks for a B?
Reply 23
Original post by Y.O.L.O.
Approx how many marks for a B?

84/120
I have had only today and tomorrow to revise because of my other exams. Not worried though because i don't care about geography. I know you should get a many good gcses as possible but i really really can't revise for geography properly because its sooooo boring.

Hope you guys do well though :smile:
Reply 25
how many marks will i need for an a* overall if im already on an a* ?
Reply 26
Original post by peachh
how many marks will i need for an a* overall if im already on an a* ?

What marks did you get in SDME and coursework?
You probably need a high A depending on how high your A* is at the moment - around 52-60/75.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 27
Original post by Paradox.
What marks did you get in SDME and coursework?
You probably need a high A depending on how high your A* is at the moment - around 52-60/75.

ermm i'm not sure what mark i got on my coursework but i got an A 4marks away from an A*

nd on my SDME i got 58/60
Reply 28
Original post by peachh

ermm i'm not sure what mark i got on my coursework but i got an A 4marks away from an A*

nd on my SDME i got 58/60

Ok, you'll need about 60/75 on the exam (depending on boundaries) :smile:
Reply 29
Ok, you'll need about 60/75 on the exam (depending on boundaries) :smile:

Ok thanks! that sounds do-able :smile: (hopefully)
Reply 30
how do you get the level 3 answers for case studies? helpp!
Reply 31
Original post by bookworm786
I have had only today and tomorrow to revise because of my other exams. Not worried though because i don't care about geography. I know you should get a many good gcses as possible but i really really can't revise for geography properly because its sooooo boring.

Hope you guys do well though :smile:

Geography doesn't take all that much revising anyway. 2 days is easily enough just to remember a few figures per case study, the rest is fairly easy!!
Reply 32
Original post by Jamsebob
Geography doesn't take all that much revising anyway. 2 days is easily enough just to remember a few figures per case study, the rest is fairly easy!!

I know. I'm revising now and most of it is common sense. As long as you know the case studies well, you can't go wrong...
Reply 33
Anyone know what may come up in this test tomorrow. I suck at rivers and coasts but i im good at the other topics..

I think it may be population and setlement this time and economic development since last year's paper was all about tivers and coasts :frown:...

( I just hope it's not the same )
Reply 34
Original post by Sheel1
Anyone know what may come up in this test tomorrow. I suck at rivers and coasts but i im good at the other topics..

I think it may be population and setlement this time and economic development since last year's paper was all about tivers and coasts :frown:...

( I just hope it's not the same )

I thought due to our SDME being rivers and coasts, we didn't have to revise it? I've learnt Population + Settlement, Natural Hazards and Economic Development.
Original post by Nistar
I thought due to our SDME being rivers and coasts, we didn't have to revise it? I've learnt Population + Settlement, Natural Hazards and Economic Development.

I'm going to try to revise all of it but not so much Rivers and Coasts. My teacher didn't even give me any case studies for it lol so it probs won't come up. You never know though.
Original post by Jamsebob

Yeah i hope so. I want to get an A overall cause i got a B overall for 50% of the grade.
Reply 37
I'm going to try to revise all of it but not so much Rivers and Coasts. My teacher didn't even give me any case studies for it lol so it probs won't come up. You never know though.

Only thing is that my teacher has made it really clear it won't be coming up. This paper has 3 sections and I'm pretty sure they're going to be Pop + Settlement, Economic and Hazards.
Let's hope my teacher hasn't got it wrong, else I'm screwed :lol:
Reply 38

Rivers and Coasts will definitely not come up. There is a cycle outlined in the specification regarding the key themes and how they are assessed.
Original post by Nistar
Only thing is that my teacher has made it really clear it won't be coming up. This paper has 3 sections and I'm pretty sure they're going to be Pop + Settlement, Economic and Hazards.
Let's hope my teacher hasn't got it wrong, else I'm screwed :lol:

Yep, that's right.
Reply 39
Rivers and Coasts will definitely not come up. There is a cycle outlined in the specification regarding the key themes and how they are assessed.

Yep, that's right.

Awesome. I knew I was right but as always, TSR managed to place a seed of doubt :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending