This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

26 Year old Teacher jailed for lesbian sex with 15 year old

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I thought there was no age of consent for women? :confused:
Reply 21
AYE
It's not paedophilia though. But I agree the sentence could have been harsher.

I couldn't remember the right word for when they are past puberty.
Reply 22
Jinxy
I thought there was no age of consent for women?

If the age of consent was created for anyone it was for women...
Reply 23
Elipsis
If the age of consent was created for anyone it was for women...

I mean between two women, at least my philosophy teacher told me there is no such thing when it comes to lesbian sex.
Reply 24
Jinxy
I mean between two women, at least my philosophy teacher told me there is no such thing when it comes to lesbian sex.

I think it might not classify as rape, but rather sexual assault because there is no penis involved.
Reply 25
Elipsis
I think it might not classify as rape, but rather sexual assault because there is no penis involved.

Yea that sounds about right. That's what I read somewhere else. :smile:
I guess he must have meant that.
Colonel Brusnahan
This should be a Romeo & Juliet style film :yep:

Loving Annabelle :wink:
Dionysus
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8266780.stm

She got 15 months in prison. Does anyone else think this is a staggering over-reaction? According to the article, the two are genuinely in love and this sexual relationship was not only consensual but initiated by the 15 year old.

Certainly she should be banned from teaching and working with children because she did arguably abuse a position of trust, but common sense tells us that this really isn't child abuse. With violent criminals getting shorter sentences and our jails full, I believe this is totally unnecessary.

I was wondering when you liberals would try to legalize paedophilia.
The age of consent is there for a reason you know.
On the other hand I do agree with you about violent criminals getting off lightly, the government needs to start building more prisons.
Dionysus

Female pedophiles are just as bad as male pedophiles.
She should have been given a much longer sentence.
Reply 29
Jinxy

It's assault by penetration (s.2 of the Sexual Offences Act 2003). It's basically rape (with the same life sentence) but without the use of a penis, so yes, it covers lesbian sex and for all intents and purposes, is pretty much the same. :smile:
Jinxy
I thought there was no age of consent for women? :confused:

"Staggeringly ignorant", that was the phrase I was looking for....:rolleyes:
Reply 31
AntiMonarchist
I was wondering when you liberals would try to legalize paedophilia.
The age of consent is there for a reason you know.
On the other hand I do agree with you about violent criminals getting off lightly, the government needs to start building more prisons.

What's the reason for the age of consent?
Prudy
What's the reason for the age of consent?

The reason for the age of consent is that people under 16 cannot get coerced or "groomed", as it´s called, into having sex by a manipulative/trusted adult.
Reply 33
Mr_Deeds
It's assault by penetration (s.2 of the Sexual Offences Act 2003). It's basically rape (with the same life sentence) but without the use of a penis, so yes, it covers lesbian sex and for all intents and purposes, is pretty much the same. :smile:

Thanks!
I'm glad someone who knows what they are talking about has cleared that up for me. :h: :yep:
15 year old + 26 year old, regardless of gender/sexuality, is wrong IMO. :dontknow: Also, the teacher abused their position. If they WERE in love surely they would have waited until the pupil had finished at the school?
Reply 35
AntiMonarchist
The reason for the age of consent is that people under 16 cannot get coerced or "groomed", as it´s called, into having sex by a manipulative/trusted adult.

What about, as it seems in this situation, a 15 year old who understood what was happening? A 15 year old with Gillick competence for example.
Reply 36
inksplodge
15 year old + 26 year old, regardless of gender/sexuality, is wrong IMO. :dontknow: Also, the teacher abused their position. If they WERE in love surely they would have waited until the pupil had finished at the school?

What about a 15/16 year old.
Reply 37
Prudy
A 15 year old with Gillick competence for example.

I agree with the Gillick competence argument but not in this context. I think we would be setting a very dangerous precedent if we said that all reasonably competent children could consent to intercourse with their teachers. :smile:
Prudy
What about a 15/16 year old.

Well it'd be different IMO- I highly doubt that a 16 year old would be responsible for the 15 year old like this teacher was. The 15 & 16 year olds are likely to be similar in terms of life experience & maturity than a 15 & 26 year old, too. :dontknow:
i thought (according to the bill, a long time ago :P) they couldnt prosecute if the child refused and was over 13, if they were under 13 they had no choice but if they were over and didnt want to press charges then they didnt have to get a jail sentence....
maybe its becuase she was a teacher.
or maybe the bill isnt accurate (which would make me sad)

Latest

Trending

Trending