The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I HEART KFC!!!
i started revising because my maths final year exam is in 2 weeks... anyways i know the answer is 4 but how do you find out p?? i tried square rooting... but it didnt work... i just kept trying with numbers... help :confused:

you just use your log rules and know that p3p^3 should equal 64 therefore you cube root 64 to find p
I HEART KFC!!!
i started revising because my maths final year exam is in 2 weeks... anyways i know the answer is 4 but how do you find out p?? i tried square rooting... but it didnt work... i just kept trying with numbers... help :confused:

cube root 64
Reply 3
Log p (64 ) = 3 = log p^3 = 64 p = 64^1/3
neomilan
you just use your log rules and know that p3p^3 should equal 64 therefore you cube root 64 to find p

what if it was log p (64) = 5 i dont have a 5th square root on my calculator... btw my calculator is a fx-9750G PLUS its a graphic one... can you look in google images and tell me what to press to put more square roots?
Reply 5
x=LOGa(y) means a^x=y
so
3=LOGp(64) means p^3=64

p= cube root 64=4
sarubobo28
x=LOGa(y) means a^x=y
so
3=LOGp(64) means p^3=64

p= cube root 64=4

what if it was log p (64) = 5 i dont have a 5th square root on my calculator... btw my calculator is a fx-9750G PLUS its a graphic one... can you look in google images and tell me what to press to put more square roots?
I HEART KFC!!!

you could just do "to the power of 1/5"
I HEART KFC!!!

Change the base.
Reply 9
I HEART KFC!!!

then you put
p5=64p^5 = 64
p=6415p = 64^{\frac{1}{5}}

your calculator has the ^ button, and if you press shift ^ then you get an xth root up, use that, or just use to the power of one fifth....
I HEART KFC!!!

Shift ^?
I HEART KFC!!!

I suggest you in giving up Maths as well as the calculator. You could hire somebody to do that when you grow up. :p:

Latest