The Student Room Group

AQA A2 CHEM4 Revision Thread (Wednesday 27th January AM)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1000
eddy1292
liked the fact it was nearly all 1 mark qus so you can make like 20 mistakes and still get an A brilliant

Yehh, but the higher the grade now, the less hard you have to work in June...:p:
Reply 1001
What about the NaOH reacting with water vapour to establish an equilibrium in which NaOH dissociates? A lot of people seem to have wrote that as well :confused:
Snafzal
You had to be specific, as chromotography was in the spec, and fractional distillation is from AS, so chromotography is the answer

but we should have knowledge of both AS and A2 chemistry...i.e. the last question referred back to free radical substitution which was in the AS spec..so i don't know really:s-smilie:
Reply 1003
Maybe they'll have a very rigid mark scheme. Or the grade boundaries will be quite high. Or maybe not - on less 'awkward' papers, people seem to lose their marks through careless mistakes, myself included :frown: After my maths going belly up, I could really do with a sweet 90%+ - scrap that, I'd kill for an A! Since my maths, I'm estimating, will come out as a C and I'm predicted A*...
Reply 1004
ladythugette
but we should have knowledge of both AS and A2 chemistry...i.e. the last question referred back to free radical substitution which was in the AS spec..so i don't know really:s-smilie:

true, but in the book it specifically said chromotography, well i hope there is more than one answer for a couple of questions lol:smile:
Reply 1005
monkee
Maybe they'll have a very rigid mark scheme. Or the grade boundaries will be quite high. Or maybe not - on less 'awkward' papers, people seem to lose their marks through careless mistakes, myself included :frown: After my maths going belly up, I could really do with a sweet 90%+ - scrap that, I'd kill for an A! Since my maths, I'm estimating, will come out as a C and I'm predicted A*...

Is teh exam board for ur maths edexcel
Reply 1006
C3 Maths for edexcel was such a horrible paper!!
Reply 1007
Nope, OCR. That paper was bad, but tbh I lost my cool during that paper, so it was all my fault. Annoying since I revised harder for maths than chemistry.
Reply 1008
awwh.....wel i knw wt you mean, but honestly edexcels paper was sooooooo **** u dnt knw.
Reply 1009
So, does anyone think Na2CO3 might be allowed? I can see it perhaps being as a grudging 'allow' postscript at the end, or perhaps not. Its only 1 mark, but it is a bit annoying I was on the right lines!
Reply 1010
eddy1292
liked the fact it was nearly all 1 mark qus so you can make like 20 mistakes and still get an A brilliant

For the pH I got 3.79, then rounded to 3.80, is that wrong?
Reply 1011
how did u get tht? i gt sumthng like 0.58
Not going to look at this thread because I'll just panic if people have got different answers to me. But I thought it was good :yy:. Just have to wait 6 weeks!
Reply 1013
what step was the rate determining step and why?
What did everyone get for the reaction of nitrobenzene(C6H6NO2) with Nitric acid(HNO3) or did anyone use H2SO4 for that reaction?
Reply 1015
felt_monkey
Not going to look at this thread because I'll just panic if people have got different answers to me. But I thought it was good :yy:. Just have to wait 6 weeks!

I dnt knw why i cme on here now aswell, i feel allstressd about so many questions..........:mad:
Orihime
For the pH I got 3.79, then rounded to 3.80, is that wrong?

Your suppose to give PH to 2 d.p, so you've probably lost a mark as it even said on the front cover to give PH's to 2 d.p. :frown:
Reply 1017
Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.
You've defo lost extra marks for not stating the products? Did you?

No, i stated all the products and reactants and explained what happened in detail, i just, for no apparent reason, decided to be a hero (with my cape) and not state that the mechanism was free radical substitution. And for the second step, i didn't put reflux under heat :rolleyes:
I'm sure only catalysts affect the rate at which equilibrium is reached therefore an increase in temp has no affect?
Reply 1019
Casshern1456
What did everyone get for the reaction of nitrobenzene(C6H6NO2) with Nitric acid(HNO3) or did anyone use H2SO4 for that reaction?

H2s04-
what was the question again

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending