The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

OMg this paper was jokes!!!!! nothing came up!!!!!!! nothing about plants/bacteria.........OMG i failed this nicely! i think the examiner is gona laugh at the stupid answers I have written..and this paper had nothing to do with unit 2BIOLOGY!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
why was it better to meaure the tumors in CM^3 than cm^2?????/ :confused:
and have they already made a mark scheme for this stupid paper?
Reply 62
ghazalkhan
OMg this paper was jokes!!!!! nothing came up!!!!!!! nothing about plants/bacteria.........OMG i failed this nicely! i think the examiner is gona laugh at the stupid answers I have written..and this paper had nothing to do with unit 2BIOLOGY!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I put because tumors are not flat and are not uniform in shape, therefore it is more accurate to measure volume which takes into account both length, width and height. although i have a terrible feeling i forgot to add height on the end of that list, but hopefully i will still get a the marks because i think i mentioned something else
ghazalkhan

Something about weight? and the fact that it's easier to follow the growth of the tumour lol.It was confusing, i just guessed.:rolleyes:
One of the worst papers ever! But not as difficult as the CHEM2 last year. The questions were between the two extremeties of very easy, and very hard...with no in between questions! They even made a mistake at the end after question 9 writing "Turn over to question 9" when it was actually question 10! What a joke of an exam board, and what a joke of an exam paper. Worst worded questions, most stupid questions, pointless questions. Obviously the person who wrote it clearly couldn't be bothered. AQA. What can I say.
Reply 65
BringMeThatHorizon
One of the worst papers ever! But not as difficult as the CHEM2 last year. The questions were between the two extremeties of very easy, and very hard...with no in between questions! They even made a mistake at the end after question 9 writing "Turn over to question 9" when it was actually question 10! What a joke of an exam board, and what a joke of an exam paper. Worst worded questions, most stupid questions, pointless questions. Obviously the person who wrote it clearly couldn't be bothered. AQA. What can I say.

agreed! i lost all faith in the exam board when i saw that typo :frown: and the questions are all ridiculous, it'd be easier to just ask for facts and logic not "why did we use a logarithmic scale" or "why should we use index of diversity instead of just counting the species"
oh and the tumour question, measuring length only gives an idea of size in one dimension, volume is a better representation of tumour size as it takes all 3 dimensions into account
Reply 66
I thought it was a fairly easy paper apart from a few questions. Reading through the posts now I reckon I've lost a few marks in places I probably shouldnt have, but not enough marks to drop me into the B grade range. Loved the 6 marker. Shame nothing about about bacteria meiosis came up tbh. Plant transport never comes up! Bad exam although if you revised solidly out of the Nelson Thornes book you'd probaly share the same opinion that it was pretty easy. Summary questions are VERY similar. Agree?
It was easy and hard at the same time. I didn't like the last two questions. I feel really upset about this exam. I'm hoping the grade boundaries will be lower than they were for the normal exams. I agree with moh2009 in the sense that some of the questions were similar to the summary questions. By the way, how exactly do you guys know how to reason to get the answers? And how do you know which terminology to use?
Artymess
agreed! i lost all faith in the exam board when i saw that typo :frown: and the questions are all ridiculous, it'd be easier to just ask for facts and logic not "why did we use a logarithmic scale" or "why should we use index of diversity instead of just counting the species"
oh and the tumour question, measuring length only gives an idea of size in one dimension, volume is a better representation of tumour size as it takes all 3 dimensions into account

the tumour question...the seahorse question...they were so odd!!!
I really hope i can push up my score on that paper to an A. I got 107 UMS on this paper last year :frown:
Reply 69
107 UMS..WOW, let me guess med applicant? :biggrin:
Reply 70
Tricky But Yet Alright On The Whole, Did U Get Cell Wall Or Cell Membrane
Reply 71
What did people put as how they could use the head of the seahorse to calculate the body length? And was the species diversity 4.32? :smile:
JayRock
107 UMS..WOW, let me guess med applicant? :biggrin:

close :wink: dental :rolleyes:
What about you? what are you applying for slash what did you get in this module last year?
Reply 73
Found it really easy..
Reply 74
Madhvi5
What did people put as how they could use the head of the seahorse to calculate the body length? And was the species diversity 4.32? :smile:

Length of the head could be relative to the body as a whole. So somesort of relationship between the 2? I thought it made sense.
Reply 75
I put because the head grows proportionately with the body, i.e older seahorses have larger heads..
Reply 76
moh2009
Length of the head could be relative to the body as a whole. So somesort of relationship between the 2? I thought it made sense.

Yeah, i put something like that but I thought there would be some sort of biological explanation for it? But I guess we'll find out later....:smile: WHat did you get for the species index?
Reply 77
Madhvi5
Yeah, i put something like that but I thought there would be some sort of biological explanation for it? But I guess we'll find out later....:smile: WHat did you get for the species index?

4.somethingg. I so hope I get an A.

Medschool ambitions depend on this and my A2s :p:
Reply 78
moh2009
4.somethingg. I so hope I get an A.

Medschool ambitions depend on this and my A2s :p:

Gooood. I got 4.32 :smile: Yay.
And good luck. :smile:
Reply 79
taheki
Found it really easy..

Oh hi, I'd like to announce how easy this paper was, just to make everyone else feel worse!

No one cares.

Madhvi5
WHat did you get for the species index?

4.25 I think.

Edit: Can anyone remember how to work out the magnification question? Hadn't looked at that since unit 1!

Latest

Trending

Trending