The Student Room Group

A level 2022 Results remark

Hello everyone,

I'm just wondering what my chances are with a remark of my Alevels, all throughout the year I was predicted AAB/ABB, but in this exam season I got CCD, and in my strongest subject I got 14/80 in one paper. Now I know this grade is really bad, but I honestly knew my stuff and wrote over 11 pages worth of content related into the questions.

Do you think perhaps some of my papers went mission or smth?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kewi3ds rated
Hello everyone,

I'm just wondering what my chances are with a remark of my Alevels, all throughout the year I was predicted AAB/ABB, but in this exam season I got CCD, and in my strongest subject I got 14/80 in one paper. Now I know this grade is really bad, but I honestly knew my stuff and wrote over 11 pages worth of content related into the questions.

Do you think perhaps some of my papers went mission or smth?

Possibly, or maybe you read what they were asking of you wrong and lost out on marks, but if you don’t think thats the case, you definitely should get it remarked.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
This happened to me too! I got consistently below 40% for all papers of my subject (aqa economics) when I know I didn’t get that, was your paper also AQA? Someone also said they got a D in aqa psychology and got it remarked and got an A due to a computer error. I’m getting it remarked so I think you should too
This is literally me, I was on AQA for Economics and got a D as well I know I never scored 14 marks, 😰😰,

I'm getting it remarked and yes hopefully I get it changed

Original post by pearllx
This happened to me too! I got consistently below 40% for all papers of my subject (aqa economics) when I know I didn’t get that, was your paper also AQA? Someone also said they got a D in aqa psychology and got it remarked and got an A due to a computer error. I’m getting it remarked so I think you should too
Reply 4
I’ve also got a similar problem but not as major. I did AQA Chemistry and I thought paper 3 had gone really well and on my results sheet it said I had got 58% whereas the papers I found slightly harder due to not reading the question properly, I got given 70%? I was also 1 mark off an A and have sent it for a remark. If you know you’ve done better than what they’ve given you, I would recommend getting a remark

But also, make sure you’re not close to the boundary of the grade below just in case. Good luck, I hope you get good news!!
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 5
Original post by pearllx

Hey, did the person for psychology get their paper remarked this year or was it another year? Thanks.
If you think the score you got doesn't correlate with the score you think you got, I would ask to get it remarked.
Reply 7
Original post by 17bbbba
Hey, did the person for psychology get their paper remarked this year or was it another year? Thanks.

This year
Reply 8
Original post by Kewi3ds rated
This is literally me, I was on AQA for Economics and got a D as well I know I never scored 14 marks, 😰😰,

I'm getting it remarked and yes hopefully I get it changed

Exactly I got a D as well and I was so shocked, like ik the exam didn’t go super well but it was defffo not D worthy
Reply 9
Original post by pearllx
This year

Oh wow, that’s a really quick remark! Hopefully they get back to all of us as quickly too
Original post by 17bbbba
Oh wow, that’s a really quick remark! Hopefully they get back to all of us as quickly too

Yh apparently her teachers found it odd so they checked it in college that day
Reply 11
My daughter got a C in English, unexpectedly lower than any paper she has done before and is two marks off a B so she is thinking of having it remarked , she would have to drop 54 marks on a remark to go to a D. She already has her place confirmed at uni, luckily, they took her with one grade lower than her offer, but is still nervous in case the remark comes back lower...I can't imagine anyone could lose 54 marks but I don't have a lot of faith in the marking system. Could her place be at risk if this happens? Also she got 3 marks off an A in psychology so we have been advised to order the scripts in order to go for a remark. She is nervous again as the next grade down is 31 marks... again she is nervous about losing her place if it all goes awry. She was predicted ABB so is keen to see if she can get these grades up to nearer to the grades she has been working at. Any advice please.
Same, i got a C in OCR computer science which is like 50%. I know for a fact that this wasnt my true mark since the exam was 1. Pretty easy 2. i finished like 40 mins early checking stuff over and over and 3. I have only gotten A* with occasional A’s in my mocks so i laughed when i saw the C. I missed out on my uni offer but its all good i guess. Currently getting it remarked as i doubt i got anything below a grade A
Reply 13
Original post by Bigmanxyz829
Same, i got a C in OCR computer science which is like 50%. I know for a fact that this wasnt my true mark since the exam was 1. Pretty easy 2. i finished like 40 mins early checking stuff over and over and 3. I have only gotten A* with occasional A’s in my mocks so i laughed when i saw the C. I missed out on my uni offer but its all good i guess. Currently getting it remarked as i doubt i got anything below a grade A

I am sorry to hear that and very strange it was so low. I am guessing computer error or overworked teachers marking papers at the end of a busy day... I hope you got a uni place. I am guessing you think it is not a risk losing marks going down to the next grade boundary. I am unsure of what to advise daughter. Good luck
I went through clearing and got into royal holloway. Universities cannot reject your daughter if she already confirmed and accepted their offer. Say her grade did go down after the remark ( 54 marks down is pretty near impossible though) They still would not be able to suddenly reject her after her grade goes down. There is a legal contract formed between student and university from the moment she accepted them and they accepted her.
Original post by pearllx
Yh apparently her teachers found it odd so they checked it in college that day

That’s good. Hopefully we can all get that peace of mind soon! This is more stressful than results day itself
Original post by suej
My daughter got a C in English, unexpectedly lower than any paper she has done before and is two marks off a B so she is thinking of having it remarked , she would have to drop 54 marks on a remark to go to a D. She already has her place confirmed at uni, luckily, they took her with one grade lower than her offer, but is still nervous in case the remark comes back lower...I can't imagine anyone could lose 54 marks but I don't have a lot of faith in the marking system. Could her place be at risk if this happens? Also she got 3 marks off an A in psychology so we have been advised to order the scripts in order to go for a remark. She is nervous again as the next grade down is 31 marks... again she is nervous about losing her place if it all goes awry. She was predicted ABB so is keen to see if she can get these grades up to nearer to the grades she has been working at. Any advice please.

Her teachers are the best placed people to give her advice on this so I would talk it over with them but the English certainly sounds like it is worth remarking (my son got a surprisingly lower grade than expected in English Lit and his school suggested he got a remark and his grade went from a B to an A). Obviously grades can go down as well as up with remarks but I have never heard of someone losing 54 marks and I work in a school & take a keen interest in what happens with results every year.

For Psychology it sounds like the school want to see her script so they can look and see if they think she has been marked unfairly before taking it any further officially with the exam board. Just keep talking to them about the best way to proceed.
same thing happened to me for history!!! i was so confident and wrote over 10 pages worth of essays and came out with 25/80 and i have never scored that low. im going to request my papers at school tomorrow
Reply 18
Original post by harrysbar
Her teachers are the best placed people to give her advice on this so I would talk it over with them but the English certainly sounds like it is worth remarking (my son got a surprisingly lower grade than expected in English Lit and his school suggested he got a remark and his grade went from a B to an A). Obviously grades can go down as well as up with remarks but I have never heard of someone losing 54 marks and I work in a school & take a keen interest in what happens with results every year.

For Psychology it sounds like the school want to see her script so they can look and see if they think she has been marked unfairly before taking it any further officially with the exam board. Just keep talking to them about the best way to proceed.

Thank you that sounds very reassuring, I have spoken to the assistant head who deals withe exams and he thinks it is unlikely to go down 54 marks and suggested talking with the English teacher who I am unable to get hold of yet... will keep trying. but don't want to miss deadline next week . Psychology teacher rang us and suggested getting the scripts and then we can decide which papers to remark. I know she has her uni place but for her own self esteem she wants to get what she deserves just in case there has been an error. It could be that the exam was harder than she thought but I think remark is the way to go with English at this point. I was more worried about her losing the uni place. Glad to hear your son's grade went up.
Reply 19
Original post by Bigmanxyz829
I went through clearing and got into royal holloway. Universities cannot reject your daughter if she already confirmed and accepted their offer. Say her grade did go down after the remark ( 54 marks down is pretty near impossible though) They still would not be able to suddenly reject her after her grade goes down. There is a legal contract formed between student and university from the moment she accepted them and they accepted her.

Thank you, yes that makes sense if they have a contract already. And also I was wondering how would they even know that she had a remark and it changed. I think it is worth the risk at this stage to see if she can get her grade up to what she has been working at all year. Good luck at Royal Holloway, I had a friend who went there and loved it.

Quick Reply

Latest