The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Liverpool F.C.™
I'd say this is much easier, combining the 3 modules into one. Not only does it cut down on the on the time for sitting the exams but they're less likely to test you on the variety of topics within each module due to the limit on the number of questions.

I guess so if they did all 3 exams as one module, surely they wouldve been spread out over the whole year 13 though? If not thats crazy!
jimber
I guess so if they did all 3 exams as one module, surely they wouldve been spread out over the whole year 13 though? If not thats crazy!

No, Unit 4 which was Chains, Rings and Spectroscopy would be a separate exam. The other 3 would be part of your A2 Unit 5.
Reply 82
Anyone have any of the following past papers? I can't find any of these:

Trends & Patterns, Transition Elements & Unifying Concepts: June 07, January 08, June 09, January 10
(Every one of the above units I cannot find for the listed dates.)

The later ones may need to be downloaded from Interchange. Does anyone know someone who has access and has got them?
Nice thread. Looking forward to this exam as it's mainly maths based. Gonna aim for an A* but my coursework's bringing me down. =/
I've got surprisingly good practical results this year and so I'm hoping for the A* in this exam.
Reply 85
Robbie10538
I've got surprisingly good practical results this year and so I'm hoping for the A* in this exam.

What did you get ?
Reply 86
Robbie10538

Same :yep: It's still going to be difficult though.
cyborg
Same :yep: It's still going to be difficult though.

With the practical grades I have now and assuming that the grade boundaries will go up like last year I'll need 150/150 to get an A*. :rolleyes:

Need to hope for the best with the coursework re-sit.
uer23
What did you get ?

I dropped 3 marks in total. Big difference from last year in which I got 44/60 UMS marks.
Reply 89
Robbie10538
I dropped 3 marks in total. Big difference from last year in which I got 44/60 UMS marks.

Almost the same :biggrin:

Dropped 4 marks this year and last year 40/60.
I did worse this year, last year I got 54/60. Hope I can make up these marks in the exam.
My coursework marks were pretty poor this year- I just scraped an A with them last year with 48/60 but I think they'll be a C if I'm lucky this year :frown:

I prefer this module to F324- much more mathsy :smile: Still a lot of work to do though and I need to do pretty well in this to get my A overall!

I'm retaking F324 as well...would you guys recommend getting the revision guides linked to in the first page of the thread? I noticed they're by Mike Smith and I already have the textbook for the whole A2 that he wrote so are they much different to that or is it pretty much the same? Thanks :smile:
Reply 92
Managed to get a 35/40 on my coursework overall.. thank goodness.
9 for qualitative
14 on quantitative
12 on evaluative
So time to get revising... Well, I have been revising for what feels like an eternity.. lol
Reply 93
Oh gosh, everyone on here seems to have sky high marks for the practicals, which will probably result in the grade boundaries being very high
Reply 94
_Andrew_
Oh gosh, everyone on here seems to have sky high marks for the practicals, which will probably result in the grade boundaries being very high

You're forgetting that not everyone taking Chemistry is on TSR.. chances are the people that scored high marks for the practicals could be in the minority across the country.. :dontknow: :iiam:

Btw, are the coursework boundries actually out for this year??
Reply 95
Pedus
You're forgetting that not everyone taking Chemistry is on TSR.. chances are the people that scored high marks for the practicals could be in the minority across the country.. :dontknow: :iiam:

Btw, are the coursework boundries actually out for this year??

Na, I think the grade boundaries will be formulated once all the marks have been submitted, and moderation has been completed.
awesome OP *subs* :h:
Rightio guys, while discussion of past practical exams and very general things regarding practicals is permitted can we please not have any discussion over specific practical exams that are yet to be taken. This includes via PM :biggrin:
Ah! I'm not looking forward to this exam..especially as it's on my BIRTHDAY :cry:
Reply 99
urghh why did i pick chemistry?! I feel sick whenever I think about all the stuff I still dont understand!
does anyone know if they expect us to know all the different colours/colour changes for all those transition ions?? and if so...HOW??

Latest

Trending

Trending