The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

indie_couture
i had so little time for this paper!
I am really going to have to work hard for unit 5. But can only really start friday and have CHEM5 on the following monday!
stresssssssssedd

me too inie, in jan they lowered te bounderies, hope tey do tat again, tey had tis big fiasco in jan, coz lost of te sools n all complained sayin te paperwas just out of tis world, so hopefully tey lower it tis tim!!
i left te whole of question 7 out, any1 knw how much tat question was worth>?
Hippysnake
These are all the answers I've done so far-

1a- Nitrogen gas is usual substrate- name product

AMMONIA

1b- Nitogenases also catalyses other sub explain what this suggests about shape of other sub...

The other subs can for EZ complexes and so is complemenary to the active site and consequently are similar in shape to the Nitrogen molecule

1ci- Two advantages of the very high rate of aerobic respiration.

1) Lots of energy for protein/enzyme synthesis.
2) Provides anaerobic conditions for enzymes to work

1cii- Explain why they'd grow more slowly.

As they'd need to synthesize the enzymes and then fix the nitrogen which takes longer than just absorbing it out of fertiliser.

2a- Size of pop
59(60?)

2bi- Result not reliable in June

Because after initial capture, young may leave nests and join adult population, increasing the population between samples, making the technique unrelaible.

2bii- Result not reliable in March

Birds will stick to their territories making it difficult to obtain a random sample. It is likely that birds from one sample area will stay there and be recaptured during the next sample, decreasing reliability due to lack of randomness.

2c- You can use base sequence for mark release recapture explain why
Base sequence unique to each whale, so can be used as a marker for that whale.

Haven't done the rest yet >_<.

sis u do te exam do?...i gt similar answers..cldu u do te rest for me..i'm sloghtly wirred coz i left a whole question out!!
arthika4000
sis u do te exam do?...i gt similar answers..cldu u do te rest for me..i'm sloghtly wirred coz i left a whole question out!!

No I did not do the exam. I will finish it later.
joeworrall
there definitely was square rooting. It gave you the frequency of the phenotype, not the genotype.

frequency of phenotype=q^2
frequency of genotype=q
Yep there was :biggrin:

Look at the example in the book.

I got the whole calculation right, but put the wrong value in FML :eek3:
FoOtYdUdE
could you elaborate on this? sorry for being such a pain. :o:
Go on the AQA website - one of the documents on the Biolgy bit has the mark breakdown that they have for each assessment objective on each paper.
arthika4000
i left te whole of question 7 out, any1 knw how much tat question was worth>?

15 marks? its the tamil scientist one? that was 15 marks...
fabregassed
15 marks? its the tamil scientist one? that was 15 marks...

yep tats te one...kk so i lost 15 marks for defo then!! gosh
Hippysnake
No I did not do the exam. I will finish it later.

could you post the rest of the paper up please.i really would like to try to answer question 7 again, as i have a gut feeling that a similar question will come up again in the unit 5 exam on friday.
Reply 389
The first bit was Ammonium ions it can't be compounds. The the second question was about respiration (in air) produces more ATP than (anaerobic), therefore can make more of that enzyme. the third part was GM plants. The blue tit one was, they migrated to a different population CMRR states fixed boundaries. The second one was that the blue tit stayed when it was breeding and CMRR requires the tits to intergate back into the population.

The one about o2 supply to the mitochondira changing, it would decrease as the oxygen is used up for aerobic respiration, therefore supply is needed.

Deaf cats - I think i said frequency changed in the table, or small sample size...can't remember.

What was the one about why the ratio was always less than one? i said coz animals are alot heavier than seaweed crap therefore ratio is always less than 1.
ladythugette
could you post the rest of the paper up please.i really would like to try to answer question 7 again, as i have a gut feeling that a similar question will come up again in the unit 5 exam on friday.

Can't upload jack till after the exams, sorry.
Reply 391
For the Co2 changing, the key word was 24hours. It was do with respiration:tongue:hotosynthesis, you had to talk about how they respire less at day, more at night, photosynthesise more at day and less at night. Hence Co2 fluctuates. No way was it to do with soil and temperature that's just bull.
Marseypam
For the Co2 changing, the key word was 24hours. It was do with respiration:tongue:hotosynthesis, you had to talk about how they respire less at day, more at night, photosynthesise more at day and less at night. Hence Co2 fluctuates. No way was it to do with soil and temperature that's just bull.

Is the respiration rate not constant throughout the day? I didn't think respiration was less in day :frown:
arthika4000
me too inie, in jan they lowered te bounderies, hope tey do tat again, tey had tis big fiasco in jan, coz lost of te sools n all complained sayin te paperwas just out of tis world, so hopefully tey lower it tis tim!!

Seriously doubt it. I'm predicting grade boundaries of 51/75 for an A, 10 marks higher than Jan. This paper was MUCH easier.
Reply 394
nah respiration is less in the day because it's rate of photosynthesis is so high so it takes up more Co2. At night stomata close, so it needs to respire
Vamp1reWeekend
Is the respiration rate not constant throughout the day? I didn't think respiration was less in day :frown:

It is. Respiration is constant, unless it's warmer during the day or colder during the night, but there was no mention of temperature.
Marseypam
nah respiration is less in the day because it's rate of photosynthesis is so high so it takes up more Co2. At night stomata close, so it needs to respire

Incorrect. The rate of respiration is NOT dependant on the rate of photosynthesis. In fact, the rate of respiration my increase during the day as the temperatures are generally higher.
Reply 397
CGP book mate, whole section on it. It's to do with respiration and photosynthesis indicated by the "within 24hours" i.e. day cycle,
Reply 398
sorry, snake your right, i meant to say it's less than the rate of photosynthesis compared to that of night even though it's constant,
Hippysnake
It is. Respiration is constant, unless it's warmer during the day or colder during the night, but there was no mention of temperature.

Oh phew! so it was right to not mention temperature? cos I didn't

Latest

Trending

Trending