The Student Room Group

btec applied science extended certificate aqa

hi guys,
recently my unit 5 was submitted. im trying to overall aim for a merit as thats all i need
the grades i have gotten are
unti 1 -pass
unit 2-re sat 1
unit 3-re sitting 2
unit 4-pass
unit 5-merit
unit 6- distinction

1- im re sitting unit 2 and submitted it. i would say i got a distinction on that.
2- im going to resit unit 3 on june and i was just aiming for merit. but im aiming for a distinction now because of what im going to adress..

3- so the issue here is. i had gotten a disticntion for unit 5 physics coursework. but this STUPID teacher printed and sent off the copy and not the final one. this made me so upset and hurt because that was deffo a distinction and she just stupidly wasted that and printed the wrong thing. it was all her fault and i told her that i was so hurt because its jeopardising my whole grade and she said a merit is still good (she kept covering that she cant reveal my grade but she said it was more than a pass and not to cry). i dont know what to do as this small error could mean that i wont get a merit overall. i have proof it was submitted and the correct one but she did a stupid thing and just printed the wrong **** out. im so ****ed right now and its annoying me so much i cant focus on revising.

what can i do? i need to let the board know of this mistake and i need my actual **** sent off and marked. no matter how much times i begged them and cried to fix THEIR issue, they said it was too late for them to.
im so hurt i cant risk not getting a merit because all my uni choices are gone.
someone please tell me what i can do in this situation. i tried calling aqa for general applied btecs- but its the weekend and its closed. this coursework took me forever and i cried so much bc i diddnt get to revise for my other a level in TWO days since i was so busy doing this coursework for it to not be SUBMITTED.
please help me. what can i do. im willing to spend money. (im in year 13)
Reply 1
boost
Original post by Marebak
hi guys,
recently my unit 5 was submitted. im trying to overall aim for a merit as thats all i need
the grades i have gotten are
unti 1 -pass
unit 2-re sat 1
unit 3-re sitting 2
unit 4-pass
unit 5-merit
unit 6- distinction

1- im re sitting unit 2 and submitted it. i would say i got a distinction on that.
2- im going to resit unit 3 on june and i was just aiming for merit. but im aiming for a distinction now because of what im going to adress..

3- so the issue here is. i had gotten a disticntion for unit 5 physics coursework. but this STUPID teacher printed and sent off the copy and not the final one. this made me so upset and hurt because that was deffo a distinction and she just stupidly wasted that and printed the wrong thing. it was all her fault and i told her that i was so hurt because its jeopardising my whole grade and she said a merit is still good (she kept covering that she cant reveal my grade but she said it was more than a pass and not to cry). i dont know what to do as this small error could mean that i wont get a merit overall. i have proof it was submitted and the correct one but she did a stupid thing and just printed the wrong **** out. im so ****ed right now and its annoying me so much i cant focus on revising.

what can i do? i need to let the board know of this mistake and i need my actual **** sent off and marked. no matter how much times i begged them and cried to fix THEIR issue, they said it was too late for them to.
im so hurt i cant risk not getting a merit because all my uni choices are gone.
someone please tell me what i can do in this situation. i tried calling aqa for general applied btecs- but its the weekend and its closed. this coursework took me forever and i cried so much bc i diddnt get to revise for my other a level in TWO days since i was so busy doing this coursework for it to not be SUBMITTED.
please help me. what can i do. im willing to spend money. (im in year 13)

Firstly, AQA is not a BTEC, so which are you doing? What is the full title of your course.

Secondly, you cannot contact the Awarding body until after you have used the centre internal process. That is normally the Head of department if you are not happy with the teachers response.

Thirdly, the one small drop in grades may not drop your overall grade down. Also you cannot be sure you will get a Distinction for both resits. What did you get for both the first time?
Reply 3
Original post by bamtutor
Firstly, AQA is not a BTEC, so which are you doing? What is the full title of your course.

Secondly, you cannot contact the Awarding body until after you have used the centre internal process. That is normally the Head of department if you are not happy with the teachers response.

Thirdly, the one small drop in grades may not drop your overall grade down. Also you cannot be sure you will get a Distinction for both resits. What did you get for both the first time?

firstly, if you read properly it says in the title. ' aqa applied science extended certificate' which if you havent figured out yet.... is a btec.
secondly, i got pass for both the first time... but the teacher told me the grades they gave me overall are distinctions (she wasnt ment to tell me but she was so happy she couldnt hold it in)
got it?
Original post by Marebak
firstly, if you read properly it says in the title. ' aqa applied science extended certificate' which if you havent figured out yet.... is a btec.
secondly, i got pass for both the first time... but the teacher told me the grades they gave me overall are distinctions (she wasnt ment to tell me but she was so happy she couldnt hold it in)
got it?

Firstly, I'm trying to help you.
Secondly AQA is a completely different exam board to Pearson who run BTEC (I work for BTEC!!)!
Thirdly which unit numbers are exams and which are coursework?
Reply 5
Original post by bamtutor
Firstly, I'm trying to help you.
Secondly AQA is a completely different exam board to Pearson who run BTEC (I work for BTEC!!)!
Thirdly which unit numbers are exams and which are coursework?

unit 1 3 and 4 are exams
Original post by Marebak
unit 1 3 and 4 are exams

Okay if you look at the spec it tells you how to work out the grades (pages 139-140).
Based on what you have, this looks like an overall Merit (360 points) Even if you did get a Distinction for Unit 5, it will still be a Merit.
I dont teach or moderate for AQA so may have misunderstood the grading sheet, but I dont think I have. Check with your teacher as they will be able to clarify it.
https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/science/specifications/AQA-1775-SP-2016.PDF

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending