The Student Room Group

OCR F324 (Chains, rings and spectroscopy) 28/06/10

Scroll to see replies

thecdon
errrm well, he has been posting "ooh i have failed" "ooh i will fail" and similar things in about 3 or 4 posts....so it gets a bit tedious reading....

Actually, I was addressing them posts to AnniG, and we both was talking about how we didn't do ourselves justice in that exam, it wasn't just me.
thecdon
errrm well, he has been posting "ooh i have failed" "ooh i will fail" and similar things in about 3 or 4 posts....so it gets a bit tedious reading....

So you decide to, instead of just ignoring what they're saying if you don't agree or don't like it, post on the forum about it? Way to boost your post count.
Reply 982
_Andrew_
11th of March, if I get an offer for UEA i don't think they'll ask for an A in Chem, but Leicester will. Oh well, we shall have to see!

Isnt results day on the 18th of march?
Reply 984
_Andrew_
Actually, I was addressing them posts to AnniG, and we both was talking about how we didn't do ourselves justice in that exam, it wasn't just me.

i didn't mean to come across like a bellend
thecdon

lool that is tru
Reply 986
lekky
Ok. Well I think generally there isn't any point in kidding yourself that it "might be okay" when you know full well that it won't be. So it's just about accepting the situation. So when March comes I might have got so used to the idea that I won't be getting an A that I won't embarras myself by doing something silly like crying.

I'm sorry, I don't see where I implied that anything 'might be okay'. Can you link me to where I said that?
If you deal with situations by being negative, fine. In my eyes, I think there are probably some better ways that by promoting hostility amongst people. I also wouldn't call it silly to cry if you have a bad grade which has a big influence on your future. It's more than understandable.
These facebook groups are getting a tad silly now, the new A2 papers are designed to be much more challenging. It was a fair paper, perhaps a little pushed for time.
Reply 988
The exam was okay I had one major problem though, the insistence of putting everything in structural formula as opposed to displayed. I must've wasted 10 minutes drawing out diagrams to figure out what the question was refering to.
Presidential
lool that is tru

I'm glad you find it funny :smile:
Sakujo
The exam was okay I had one major problem though, the insistence of putting everything in structural formula as opposed to displayed. I must've wasted 10 minutes drawing out diagrams to figure out what the question was refering to.

yes that was ******* annoying especially the smaller molecules.
Sakujo

i had the exact same problem!
Reply 992

Ehh. I agree with Andrew on this one. I don't think it's really warranted
_Andrew_
I'm glad you find it funny :smile:

a lil bit yh lol the guy has a point. dw I also failed:wink:
Presidential
a lil bit yh lol the guy has a point. dw I also failed:wink:

Okay, he does. But stilllll, it's annoying when you work hard for it - and actually half-decent at chem - and then you make tons of silly mistakes:p:
thecdon
Stop posting useless things like this. nobody cares that much

:teehee:
Reply 996
Woody.
I'm sorry, I don't see where I implied that anything 'might be okay'. Can you link me to where I said that?
If you deal with situations by being negative, fine. In my eyes, I think there are probably some better ways that by promoting hostility amongst people. I also wouldn't call it silly to cry if you have a bad grade which has a big influence on your future. It's more than understandable.

No I meant thats what people say isn't it? "well you never know" "it might be okay". In general I mean. I'm not an idiot, I always am able to tell how I have done in an exam.

I don't deal with situations by being negative. I deal with situations by being realistic. Reality is, I'm unlikely to get an A on that paper. How is that not going to be negative? Being realistic about that situation is always going to be negative. And so it just emotionally prepares me for exam result. And yes, I'd say it is silly to cry in public about a grade B. Maybe you go to a better school than I, but at my college, any grade above a C/D is considered a bloody miracle, so I'd hate to patronise/put down my friends & people in my class in that way. Not silly to cry (and not going to lie that will probably happen at home) but it's defintley silly to cry in public about it.

And what exactly do you mean by "promoting hostility in people"? I am hoping I've not understood that right lol!
Reply 997
Woody.
Ehh. I agree with Andrew on this one. I don't think it's really warranted

ditto. syllabus covered everything in the exam
_Andrew_
Okay, he does. But stilllll, it's annoying when you work hard for it - and actually half-decent at chem - and then you make tons of silly mistakes:p:

lol me too, i messed up the anhydride Q and didn't balance the oxidation question, i think Ive lost 10-15 marks lol
Thanks for the neg rep Noble

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending