The Student Room Group

GCSE Diary

I feel as though that I might have not revised enough and GCSEs are in less than 4 months. I will record everything that I have revised for here. However, I would really appreciate if you guys give me tips. It will really help me <3. Feel free to write here everything you have done too and it would also be great to write motivational quotes that will help us all do well. I am trying to aim for grade 9 in all my subjects. Wish me luck.
What subjects do you do? I'm in year 11 as well!
Reply 2
i am studying maths (edexcel), english lang and lit (aqa), history (aqa), combined science (edexcel), iMedia (OCR), business (edexcel), arabic and persian (edexcel)
Original post by Sooha
i am studying maths (edexcel), english lang and lit (aqa), history (aqa), combined science (edexcel), iMedia (OCR), business (edexcel), arabic and persian (edexcel)

okk,i do maths (edexcel), english (aqa), history (aqa), combined science (aqa), computer science (edxcel), spanish (aqa) and economics (aqa). we don't have exactly the same subjects but some similarities! what topics do you do for history as a period study, thematic study, wider world depth study and british depth study? For me, it's Germany: Democracy and Dictatorship, Power and the People, Conflict and Tension: the inter-war years and Elizabethan England.
Reply 4
19/01/24
English Lit- Macbeth A1 S1- Why play begins with Witches?
Reply 5
Original post by heartz4moushi
okk,i do maths (edexcel), english (aqa), history (aqa), combined science (aqa), computer science (edxcel), spanish (aqa) and economics (aqa). we don't have exactly the same subjects but some similarities! what topics do you do for history as a period study, thematic study, wider world depth study and british depth study? For me, it's Germany: Democracy and Dictatorship, Power and the People, Conflict and Tension: the inter-war years and Elizabethan England.

for history I am doing, germany, conflict and tension between the east and west, elizabethan england and health and medicine
Reply 6
20/01/2024
Chemistry- Group 1 and 0 (Alkali and Noble Gases)
Biology- Evidence of human evolution, stone tools
History-differences in ideology between USA and USSR
Maths and Science Homework.

I actually did a lot for once 🙂 I also rewarded myself with a whole episode of a cdrama and kdrama for every hour I studied. I was watching my demon and love me, love you voice
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by Sooha
20/01/2024
Chemistry- Group 1 and 0 (Alkali and Noble Gases)
Biology- Evidence of human evolution, stone tools
History-differences in ideology between USA and USSR
Maths and Science Homework.

I actually did a lot for once 🙂 I also rewarded myself with a whole episode of a cdrama and kdrama for every hour I studied. I was watching my demon and love me, love you voice

oo, i rlly want to start my demon but i've just been so busyy
Original post by Sooha
for history I am doing, germany, conflict and tension between the east and west, elizabethan england and health and medicine

okk so we have two sub-topics in common, germany and elizabeth!
Reply 9
Original post by Sooha
I feel as though that I might have not revised enough and GCSEs are in less than 4 months. I will record everything that I have revised for here. However, I would really appreciate if you guys give me tips. It will really help me <3. Feel free to write here everything you have done too and it would also be great to write motivational quotes that will help us all do well. I am trying to aim for grade 9 in all my subjects. Wish me luck.

21/01/2024
I was really busy today. But I tried to fit in a tiny bit of revision
Bio- genetic engineering, selective breeding, types of communicable diseases
Physics- Practical skills (from physics and maths tutor)
I'll try to fit in a bit more if i can but my mind keeps saying no. I'm gonna watch a few kdrama study motivation vids (hopefully it helps)
Original post by Sooha
21/01/2024
I was really busy today. But I tried to fit in a tiny bit of revision
Bio- genetic engineering, selective breeding, types of communicable diseases
Physics- Practical skills (from physics and maths tutor)
I'll try to fit in a bit more if i can but my mind keeps saying no. I'm gonna watch a few kdrama study motivation vids (hopefully it helps)

hope today was just as productive!!😊
Reply 11
Original post by Sooha

I think you should start now! It’s better late than never and you still have quite a lot of time to learn content without cramming! It’s all about being precise and using the revision time effectively. Firstly, I think you should evaluate the best revision methods that work for YOU, because not all people learn the same. For example, flashcards (they don’t work for me but I know many who love them), blurting etc. Watch videos on revision tips and after you know what works for you, begin ASAP! You want to be able to be confident when you walk into the exam room in May so be prepared and don’t cram things in when you have only a month left!

Good luck 🤞
Reply 12
Sorry I didn't post what I did. I was really busy but I'm here now :smile:

22/01/24
bio-phloem and xylem cells (prep for a bio exam on 26th Jan)
maths-probability (i felt a bit unmotivated so i just did some grade 2 probability XD)

23/01/24
English language- q3 and q4
chemistry- paper 2 past paper (2022)

24/01/24
bio- metabolic rate, thyroxine (prep for bio exam 26 jan)
business- doing as much of the theme 1 revision guide i could in 1 hour
Physics- newton's 1st law

25/01/24
bio-carbon cycle
maths-geometric proof and congruency

26/01/24
persian- listening paper (2022), preposition keywords
BIO EXAM!! It went pretty well to be honest. I knew most of the questions 🙂 Hopefully I did good!!
Reply 13
Original post by Sooha
Sorry I didn't post what I did. I was really busy but I'm here now :smile:

22/01/24
bio-phloem and xylem cells (prep for a bio exam on 26th Jan)
maths-probability (i felt a bit unmotivated so i just did some grade 2 probability XD)

23/01/24
English language- q3 and q4
chemistry- paper 2 past paper (2022)

24/01/24
bio- metabolic rate, thyroxine (prep for bio exam 26 jan)
business- doing as much of the theme 1 revision guide i could in 1 hour
Physics- newton's 1st law

25/01/24
bio-carbon cycle
maths-geometric proof and congruency

26/01/24
persian- listening paper (2022), preposition keywords
BIO EXAM!! It went pretty well to be honest. I knew most of the questions 🙂 Hopefully I did good!!

Your doing so good!
Reply 14
Sorry you guys again! i was so busy because of my practice exams.

27/01/2024
maths-probability
chemistry-alkali metals recap, changing model of atom and it's structure
homework

28/01/2024
chemistry-bonding
history-why there were tensions between USA and USSR at the start of cold war
media studies-traditional vs new media
physics-topic 2 recap

29/01/2024
physics-topic 2 recap
biology-topic 1

30/01/2024
chemistry-paper 1 2022 past paper

31/01/2024
english after school classes
history hwk on space race

01/02/2024
maths after class
history cold war recap (for exam)

02/02/2024
persian-reading november 2020
maths-inverse and direct proportion

03/02/2024
biology-nitrogen cycle
chemistry-allotropes of carbon
hwk
history-events at yalta conference

04/02/2024
arabic-reading 2022 past paper
physics-newtons 1st law
english Lit-A christmas carol

05/02/2024
maths-bearings
biology-paper 1 2022 paper

06/02/2024
english after school classes
chemistry-paper 1 2022 paper

07/02/2024
chemistry-paper 1 foundation (i did it by accident but it's fine!)
iMedia recap (for exam on 8/02/24)
biology paper 2 past paper Qs (for exams 09/02/24)
physics-electricity and circuits (not finished)
I got my biology paper 2 result from last friday and I got 49/60 (the supply teacher first marked it as 43/60 but she forgot to add the the marks on the last page)

08/02/2024
I got my results for maths and I flopped so badly. i got 31/80 for paper 3. I usually get low marks in paper 3 but I WILL MAKE SURE I BOOST IT UP.
Maths after school class
Biology paper 2 Qs (for exam on 09/02/2024)

09/02/2024
I had an english language and biology exam. The bio exam felt pretty easy but english language is something i need to work on as I found it quite hard and it's a subject that i am quite weak at.
Reply 15
i'm backk!! sorry for the long wait.

10/02/2024
first 10 persian words
hwk
topic 6 chem spec Qs
how to answer eng lang Qs (i really need help in how to answer these questions to a grade 9 standard)

11/02/2024
physics masterclass
chem spec Qs (idk what i did, i'm writing what i wrote in my planner)
Eng lang Q1,2,3

12/05/2024
maths-area of sector, arc length, perimeter
business-dynamic nature

13/02/2024
bio paper 2
maths-place value
(i felt so demotivated and lazy that day)

14/02/2024
maths-surds grade 7
history germany
eng lang Q5- creative writing story

15/02/2024
maths masterclass

16/02/2024
English speaking and listening exam prep (i'm doing mine about the island of atlantis and whether it is a real place or if it's a myth)
I had a trip on this day too so i was just worn out

17/02/2024
maths-all of algebra
hwk
first 10 arabic words
maths-surds
bio paper 1 spec
ozymandias (very brief)

18/02/2024
Idk what i did that day but IK I did something but it's just not recorded here

19/02/2024
physics intervention (we finished the whole content of science)
arabic vocab from spec
persian vcab from spec
maths-equation of line, parallel and perpendicualr lines

20/02/2024
arabic vocab
persian vocab
eng masterclass
history-elizabethan england
maths booklet (hwk)

21/02/2024
40 persian vocab
40 arabic vocab
maths-rearranging formulas, completing the square

I felt very productive during the holidays, hopefully i will continue this. You know what, I WILL

Quick Reply

Latest