the uk is a miserable rubbish country

Scroll to see replies

Lefty Leo
Are you right in the head?

Yes I am. Problem?
metallica nutter
who agrees with me?

im moving as soon as i qualify

To quote Gary Lineker during the football: 'It could be worse we could be France'.
mathew551
Yes I am. Problem?

I just feel sad when i see Britons saying the Uk is a good place to live, the ignorance stops people wanting to make their country better and change it.
Reply 63
couldn't agree more op. couldn't get any more boring or miserable i think. pathetic little island!
Reply 64
Lefty Leo
I just feel sad when i see Britons saying the Uk is a good place to live, the ignorance stops people wanting to make their country better and change it.

THIS

but i also have the desire to move....not for me i could live out my years here if i had a job and a holiday home in scotland or wales......HOWEVER i want a family and i want kids......and this is no place for either.
EVerything my parents came here for is going down hill so fast it could possibly break the sound barrier soon.

NHS- its **** now let alone with cuts- i know 4 people that have been mis diagnosed in the last 20 years, 3 are dead now. I really believe if they had been somwhere else they would be alive/lived longer.

Education system- its not good now let alone again with cuts- schools dont have teachers good enough tbh to take care and teach my kids. example exams getting easier cos kids are getting dumber, 10 year old died after being sent out by the teacher, he was having an assma attack.....he was taken to hospital by his mother and died several hours later.

POlice- They can beat up any protester and get away with it.

National pride- Cricket ****, footy the worst, rugby ok, but its all good we are good at curling or some ****.

State of economy.....by the time this new govt is done with pruning the country we will have NOTHING left that works.

And then we have the problem of immigrants- the muslims will take over if you disagree you are ignorant- they will force their rules and so called morals on this society untill we are coughing up quotes from the quran. My parents left Iran for a real life...it just followed them here.

i was asked in an interview today for a telephone operator job, what is the most important skill needed do you think for this job- i held my breath and then replied with a sensible answer......but you know what the first thing that came into my brain was- I NEED TO BLOODY understand the person on the other end- i really dont want to be speaking to a foreign bloke who knows little to no English and speaks to fast for me to understand even if he did speak it correctly.

I am not a racist. I am just a pessimist and i have traveled to many places and although most have been what you would class as underdeveloped compared with the UK, they seem to be much nicer places to live. Also i am in a bad mood.
Reply 65
metallica nutter
who agrees with me?

please see my sig:
Reply 66
Lefty Leo

Why? The UK is objectively a good place to live as a whole, and I certainly am happy with my lot here in Cardiff. That said, it could always be better, better weather and more like the Netherlands (but with hills) and the UK could be perfect.
Carl
Why? The UK is objectively a good place to live as a whole, and I certainly am happy with my lot here in Cardiff. That said, it could always be better, better weather and more like the Netherlands (but with hills) and the UK could be perfect.

Absolutely, yes. The British have never had it so good.

However the same can be said of 99% of the world. Humans on the whole have never had it so good. What matters is relativity and for a top 10 world economy Britain performs very badly on key indicators (mentioned in my earlier post, will link: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=26549148&postcount=30).
Reply 68
Lefty Leo
Absolutely, yes. The British have never had it so good.

However the same can be said of 99% of the world. Humans on the whole have never had it so good. What matters is relativity and for a top 10 world economy Britain performs very badly on key indicators (mentioned in my earlier post, will link: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=26549148&postcount=30).

SOOOO true......i wish my parents wanted to move but they dont.
Haha, yeah, of course you're emigrating; just like all those other TSRers who say they're moving abroad, but never do.
metallica nutter
who agrees with me?

You should live in some 3rd world country
Country is a bit ****** ye, but hey, Con-Lib are on it!
Reply 72
inksplodge
why? are you saying you'd rather live in a third world country or something? people don't appreciate how well off they are compared to some people.

This^ Sure it seems rubbish when you get complacent with what you have, but remember there are billions of people in this world who would kill to live here. I was talking with someone from another country once and she was complaining to me how bad her country education system is, and said she was surprised about people complaining about "standards slipping " in the UK because the education system is still much better than her own she said. And I could go on about the millions of problems other countries face that we don't but I'm not going to because you're probably a troll.
LOCI
SOOOO true......i wish my parents wanted to move but they dont.

Moving, emigrating, doesn't solve anything :s-smilie: It just makes it more and more difficult for Britain to pull itself out of its rut.
people do tend to moan without realising what they have to be fond of..
Reply 75
Lefty Leo
Moving, emigrating, doesn't solve anything :s-smilie: It just makes it more and more difficult for Britain to pull itself out of its rut.

yeah but im going to die in 60 years and if i move i will not move back so i wont care about the big ass rut that Muslim Britain will be in by that time.
You know where to go then!:smile:
I couldn't think of another country I'd rather live in, visit maybe, but not live in. Britain has too many advantages for me, healthcare, education, massive economy, London is the business capital of the world (high earning), incredible music, comedy, beaches, countryside, and the history, im not complaining :p:
LOCI
THIS

but i also have the desire to move....not for me i could live out my years here if i had a job and a holiday home in scotland or wales......HOWEVER i want a family and i want kids......and this is no place for either.
EVerything my parents came here for is going down hill so fast it could possibly break the sound barrier soon.

NHS- its **** now let alone with cuts- i know 4 people that have been mis diagnosed in the last 20 years, 3 are dead now. I really believe if they had been somwhere else they would be alive/lived longer.

Education system- its not good now let alone again with cuts- schools dont have teachers good enough tbh to take care and teach my kids. example exams getting easier cos kids are getting dumber, 10 year old died after being sent out by the teacher, he was having an assma attack.....he was taken to hospital by his mother and died several hours later.

POlice- They can beat up any protester and get away with it.

National pride- Cricket ****, footy the worst, rugby ok, but its all good we are good at curling or some ****.

State of economy.....by the time this new govt is done with pruning the country we will have NOTHING left that works.

And then we have the problem of immigrants- the muslims will take over if you disagree you are ignorant- they will force their rules and so called morals on this society untill we are coughing up quotes from the quran. My parents left Iran for a real life...it just followed them here.

i was asked in an interview today for a telephone operator job, what is the most important skill needed do you think for this job- i held my breath and then replied with a sensible answer......but you know what the first thing that came into my brain was- I NEED TO BLOODY understand the person on the other end- i really dont want to be speaking to a foreign bloke who knows little to no English and speaks to fast for me to understand even if he did speak it correctly.

I am not a racist. I am just a pessimist and i have traveled to many places and although most have been what you would class as underdeveloped compared with the UK, they seem to be much nicer places to live. Also i am in a bad mood.

1. Subjective
2. Subjective
3. Subjective
4. Subjective ("footy the worst"? - makes you sound so objective...)
5. Same most places
6. Funny how its mainly random people just insisting they aren't racist that come to that conclusion, and not reputable experts/bodies.

So basically you're apparent hatred for the UK consists of things that either have no bearing on everyday life, are unjustified opinions or are based on anecdotal/highly localised stories?
Rubbish? No

Miserable? **** yeah (for London anyway), have you seen the people on public transport? Not even on public transport outside as well

Latest

Trending

Trending