The Student Room Group

Qualitative A2 OCR help

Hey, I have the qualitative assesment this week, the title is. 'You will prepare a complex of copper. You will carry out some tests with compunds of copper'

Is there any advice anyone could give me for this? What possible tests could I carry out at A2, and what different observations could they ask me for. So far we have reacted a copper solution(pale blue) with sodium hydroxide and a brown precipitate formed? What possible colours could copper turn?
Reply 1
BUMP
Reply 2
did you do it and how did you find it, mine is tommorow, any advice or help?
i flopped the benzoic evaluative last week so i still need to do another evaluative. anyways good luck on you practicals if you havn't done them already.:smile:
i just did the quantitative with the titration including manganate.
the practical was ok but i messed up on the calculations. this was a retake though, on the 1st one i got 14/15
Reply 4
I Herd the last qustion was worth alot of marks an was verry difficult iv gt mine toomorw :s-smilie:
Reply 5
:confused:
Original post by Eloades11
Hey, I have the qualitative assesment this week, the title is. 'You will prepare a complex of copper. You will carry out some tests with compunds of copper'

Is there any advice anyone could give me for this? What possible tests could I carry out at A2, and what different observations could they ask me for. So far we have reacted a copper solution(pale blue) with sodium hydroxide and a brown precipitate formed? What possible colours could copper turn?

Hi, :smile:

Do you remeber what came up and the equations/colour changes etc. we need to know? Because I have this soon.

Thankss :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Donnaa
:confused:

Hi, :smile:

Do you remeber what came up and the equations/colour changes etc. we need to know? Because I have this soon.

Thankss :smile:

Its for a mock practical, so your allowed to say :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending