The Student Room Group

A level math in 1 year

If anyone did a level math fast track and has some advice let me know. Im not sure hpw fast i need to be working at to learn the whole of A level math in 1 year. should i try and finsih pure 1 faster so i have more time for pure 2 etc?
Reply 1
Why are you wanting to do all of a level maths in 1 year?
Original post by Andi.0k
Why are you wanting to do all of a level maths in 1 year?

bcs i want to go to uni the year after + i have the time and motivation so i might aswell
Reply 3
Original post by revo349
bcs i want to go to uni the year after + i have the time and motivation so i might aswell

oh ok then
I did AL maths (over 2 years last exam next week) and the A2 content is a lot harder than the AS but you will definitely remember it (AS stuff) better. Although from my experience and what my teachers have said mastering A2 is more important when it comes to exams. If you are doing OCR maths I can give more specific advice as that's the board I'm doing. AQA is very similar to OCR (from what my teachers have told me and also I did AQA too before dropping out - long story). If it is the only course you are doing it will be very manageable especially for someone who likes maths and is good at it. If you are doing OCR or AQA focus on A2 more than AS (AS links to A2 anyway) but I can't say for other exam boards.

Quick Reply

Latest