The Student Room Group

AQA Unit 1 Biology - Post exam discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by EffKayy
How many marks was the one about drying?

I hope the grade b oundaries are low! stupid worded questions..

Was 2.

..typical AQA huh!?
Reply 21
Original post by iguess
Was 2.

..typical AQA huh!?

Urghh!! I HATE AQA so much!
my friend (in year 13) is resitting this for the third time and said that it was harder than the other papers. and i agree!
Reply 22
Original post by EffKayy
Urghh!! I HATE AQA so much!
my friend (in year 13) is resitting this for the third time and said that it was harder than the other papers. and i agree!

If i had to pick an enemy they would be first on the list! Exactly trying to be cooler than all the other exam boards:angry: wow then hope the boundaries drop lower for us.
quit hard paper im hoping getting about 40 out of 60 means an A?
Original post by stealth_writer
quit hard paper im hoping getting about 40 out of 60 means an A?

would be nice considering the last 2 questions lol

if you got lucky with those then grats to those people -.-
Reply 25
got molecules one wrong...wrote 4 =( and i didnt wrote anythin with inhibition so 1-2 marks out there.....wt did people write for dry tube etc. ?
Original post by Jorgeyy
would be nice considering the last 2 questions lol

if you got lucky with those then grats to those people -.-

I admit I was pretty lucky with this paper, if anything about B and T-cells or the atheroma had come up I would have been ****ed. Oh and does anybody have any idea what the bond X was in that diagram? I put a glycosidic bond as I didn't think it was ether or peptide but I couldn't remember the rest.
Original post by Caprisun!
I admit I was pretty lucky with this paper, if anything about B and T-cells or the atheroma had come up I would have been ****ed. Oh and does anybody have any idea what the bond X was in that diagram? I put a glycosidic bond as I didn't think it was ether or peptide but I couldn't remember the rest.

99.99% Glycosidic
For dry tube i wrote about losing water by osmosis i dunnow if thats right though?
Original post by Caprisun!

It was definitely glycosidic since it was between a fructose and glucose molecule.
Reply 30
Seems like eveyones on edge i guess..

How did everyone do on the HPV questions? Hard? or not?
Reply 31
Original post by chantellw
Seems like eveyones on edge i guess..

How did everyone do on the HPV questions? Hard? or not?

HPV question wasn't a good one selected by aqa but i dnt think it was extremely difficult :s-smilie:
Reply 32
The HPV q's were :yucky:

I hate "How science works".
resit for me, sooo happy about the two 5-markers at the end...
:smile: :smile: :smile:
Reply 34
that wasn't easy, yea maybe if your resitting it for like the 3rd time and you've revised it before...? I got 0.44um 90.9 stroke vol and 9 water molecules too and i said it was a competitive inhibitor bt then a load of people came out say the whole "but it says it prevented the reaction?" What did people get for the vaccination questions i thought that bit was hard?
Reply 35
Original post by Master.K

Original post by Master.K
I put non competitive. :smile:....Because it 'PREVENTED' the reaction. :yep:

it could be both, although a competitive inhibitor would completely prevent the enzymes, but not as quickly
remember an enzyme doesnt just join to one substrate then nothing else- it breaks down multiple, so as soon as the inhibitor is in it is prevented
Original post by iguess

Measuring length BC in the bacteria cell- 0.44
Stroke Volume - 90.9?

That's what I got
Reply 37
i was pissed of at the how science works q's
it hardly tested anything on the specification
Original post by Sarahflynn
that wasn't easy, yea maybe if your resitting it for like the 3rd time and you've revised it before...? I got 0.44um 90.9 stroke vol and 9 water molecules too and i said it was a competitive inhibitor bt then a load of people came out say the whole "but it says it prevented the reaction?" What did people get for the vaccination questions i thought that bit was hard?

I don't think it was particularly easy either and I revised like mad for this exam. Hopefully, the grade boundaries will be fairly low. Btw, I got the same answers as you and for the enzyme one, that's been on another paper and it accepted non-competitive and competitive as BOTH prevent the reaction, the marks are how you explained it, you should be fine.
I thought it was easier than some of the past papers I did! That saying I don't think i did too well! Talking with some people and we all put different answers!

I always do biology exams and think that wasn't too bad and then i fail!!!

What did everyone get on their mocks? I got a D

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending