The Student Room Group

A2 aqa geography june 2011 official thread

Scroll to see replies

anyone else feel like killing themselves right now? haha
I can't wait until the exam is over!

Does anyone have any idea what will come up for ecosystems? I was thinking either ecosystems on a local scale or the tropical biome as the previous ones have been based on britain and then fragile environments? (if i remember correctly)

and also for conflict would they really do separatism and poverty as a short answer after they've used them both for the essay? Wouldn't they touch the other points of the specification?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by davidbowie
You're so ****ing awesome right now

what can i say :wink:
Reply 582
Original post by makingamemory

and also for conflict would they really do separatism and poverty as a short answer after they've used them both for the essay? Wouldn't they touch the other points of the specification?

Oh I dont know about conflict now then :frown: Didn't know they'd done them topics on the essays..what do you think it'll be on? I reallllly hope it's not on an international conflict, like the Middle East!
Reply 583
quick question........... fold mountains are found on oceanic/continental, continental/continental but not oceanic/oceanic correct?
Original post by l0livia
Oh I dont know about conflict now then :frown: Didn't know they'd done them topics on the essays..what do you think it'll be on? I reallllly hope it's not on an international conflict, like the Middle East!

My teacher was suggesting conflict on a local scale, or international conflict. (sorry!) I hope it's neither :tongue: It feels like we haven't learn enough to be asked a question for the local conflict and our international one (Darfur) is so long winded. Although I think international conflict might be the essay question as you can go into so much detail?

Comepletely forgot about the multicultural section, not sure if that would come up either.

I just hope fragile environments doesn't make an appearance. Can't even spell the flipping conservation area in Tanzania! (Ngorongoro?)
Original post by jawain04
The wet season is the summer and this is when it is cooler. The dry season is the summer when it is hotter.
Thanks! :smile:
Reply 586
Original post by makingamemory
My teacher was suggesting conflict on a local scale, or international conflict. (sorry!) I hope it's neither :tongue: It feels like we haven't learn enough to be asked a question for the local conflict and our international one (Darfur) is so long winded. Although I think international conflict might be the essay question as you can go into so much detail?

Comepletely forgot about the multicultural section, not sure if that would come up either.

I just hope fragile environments doesn't make an appearance. Can't even spell the flipping conservation area in Tanzania! (Ngorongoro?)

I don't mind conflict on a local scale, that would be okay..for like an 8 marker, but omg if international conflict came up I'd actually cry. I'm sure it came up last year but just focused on the economy? But yeah I think international conflict would probably come up as a conflict essay.

I don't think multicultural societies will come up, it was in januarys so I haven't done a lot on it haha, and I actually have a feeling fragile environments will come up (sorry!) coz tropical biomes might make an appearance and it would be a good 10 marker, oh and I have no idea what Ngorongoro is haha! We've done Serengeti and Jau National Park
Original post by Byrney11

quick question........... fold mountains are found on oceanic/continental, continental/continental but not oceanic/oceanic correct?

Yeahh that's right, but i'm not sure why in oceanic/oceanic one plate subducts if they're the same density. I asked my teacher an he couldnt answer me :/

not 100% sure but

oceanic/continetal are younger fold mountains e.g. Andes
continental/continental are older fold mountains e.g. Himalayas
Original post by zach prendo
Yeahh that's right, but i'm not sure why in oceanic/oceanic one plate subducts if they're the same density. I asked my teacher an he couldnt answer me :/

one is always moving faster(different speed) or one is slightly denser than the other

EDIT: this video explains it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRekFH7EnU4
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by BinaryIsSex

Original post by BinaryIsSex
one is always moving faster(different speed) or one is slightly denser than the other

EDIT: this video explains it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRekFH7EnU4

Ahh thanks :biggrin: that was really wrecking my head
Reply 591
Do you think it would be best to do the essay first? i think it would be as it is worth the most marks, and would you do the essay on your best topic, and im worried about how i would plan/structure it.
Original post by George03
Do you think it would be best to do the essay first? i think it would be as it is worth the most marks, and would you do the essay on your best topic, and im worried about how i would plan/structure it.

Yea thats what I want to do but can you do this and how do you like number it?:confused:
Reply 593
Original post by George03

You can do it any order you want as far as I'm aware. The most important thing to do though is ensure you can answer all questions, through looking at them all to begin with.

I for one am going to do one set of structured questions first and then the essay because I wouldn't want to dive straight into it.
Original post by zach prendo

my teacher said the plate closest/connected to a continental is the one that subducts:colondollar:
anyone doing tectonics, globalisation and world cities

and has anyone not started revision yet :frown:
Original post by Lynam
I was there and i can't remember him mentioning it unfortunately, he focused a lot on tectonics and dev/globalisation but the day was more about exam technique rather than predicting questions

what did he say about d&g?
Original post by maxcartwright
my teacher said the plate closest/connected to a continental is the one that subducts:colondollar:

because its heavier
Reply 598
Original post by maxcartwright
anyone doing tectonics, globalisation and world cities

and has anyone not started revision yet :frown:

Yep, and only just started, gonna try and escape with a C lol
Reply 599
Original post by Lynam
He focused a lot on tectonics and dev/globalisation but the day was more about exam technique rather than predicting questions

Anything on D&G would be a real help! :smile: Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending