The Student Room Group

A2 aqa geography june 2011 official thread

Scroll to see replies

conflict over a local resource was the 40 marker in the specimen paper, does that affect how likely it is to come up tomorrow?
Reply 781
ok so how many past papers have there been i have seen the june 2010, specimen, and jan 2011 was there anymore when did this syllabus start?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by smiley247
ok so how many past papers have there been i have seen the june 2010, specimen, and jan 2011 was there anymore when did this syllabus start?

started last year june :/
since contrasting two volcanic events came up in SQ in Jan 2011 is it guaranteed you don't need then??
can multi cultural societies come up on the conflict section?
Original post by DellaLouise
Programme on megacities was on BBC1 last night if anyone wants to watch :smile: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b011rzm5/Andrew_Marrs_Megacities_Cities_on_the_Edge/

ALSO has a bit about tectonic hazards in Tokyo :smile:

there are good synoptics links as well when he talks about cities being built on these vulnerable areas due to the fertile soils from volcanic activity
Original post by toofaforu
there are good synoptics links as well when he talks about cities being built on these vulnerable areas due to the fertile soils

Watching at the moment :smile: Can't believe I haven't watched it before, definitely going to write about epidemics in slums if it comes up!
My teacher told us that there was no guarantee that they wont repeat the questions from previous papers...so don't rule anything out completely!
Reply 788
do you mean can't? and if so why can't they? have AQA said they won't ask questions twice in a row?

intrusive activity can't, no. quote from spec - 'the above paragraphy *its on intrusive activity* has been added. this addition will apply in january 2012 and subsequent exams.' :smile:
Original post by sfriday
intrusive activity can't, no. quote from spec - 'the above paragraphy *its on intrusive activity* has been added. this addition will apply in january 2012 and subsequent exams.' :smile:

that's a bit ****, so stuff like dykes, batholics, laccoliths, sills is all irrelevant? i wasted time reading that...****ing AQA
Reply 790
right...any predictions for: cities, conflicts and tectonics!?
Reply 791
that's a bit ****, so stuff like dykes, batholics, laccoliths, sills is all irrelevant? i wasted time reading that...****ing AQA

haha yep you won't get asked any of that!
Reply 792
does anyone have any information for the Tropical Rainforest Biome for this part of the specification?

"Development issues in the biome to include aspects
of biodiversity and the potential for sustainability"
Original post by emilyplonkerr
My teacher told us that there was no guarantee that they wont repeat the questions from previous papers...so don't rule anything out completely!

Yes, this is 100% true as the structured questions could become the 40-marker and vice-versa. I'm also thinking about the wording that David Redfern used now, he said that the 'question' will not come up again in the following paper - ie. not the 'topic' -, now one can assume that they have a few 'questions' for each topic - who knows what he meant tbh?... there's only been two examination papers so far, for this spec if I'm not correct...that's not much evidence to go off, it would have been highly unlikely that they would have repeated the same topics in those two papers anyway. As there's only been two papers ofc.

- Curtis
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Kiirk
Am I the only one thinking that this thread is just justifying procrastination?

no its actually been really helpful to bounce ideas of each other and get different views on different topics
i come on here during my revision breaks (my revision is structured with set breaks after every session) and i find it useful to strengthen my own knowledge and confidence by helping out others with their questions, also reading other people's stuff is good, i used some stuff i read in a history thread in my exam the other day!
geographical basis of conflict
conflict over local resource
seperatism
poverty

what is most likely to come up for contempory conflicts saq anyone? people are saying seperatism and poverty but both have had essays so im not sure :s-smilie:
alsoo, please please please can someone tell me what is meant by 'the nature of..' is it the reason for something, the background information of it orrr waht :s-smilie: so confused!
Reply 797
how do you do 5 case studies for tectonics?!?!
Reply 798
I'm dreading this exam, there is so many case studies to learn! Does anyone have any ideas what might come up for the short answer question for world cities, tectonic activity and weather and climate?
Original post by jacktack
how do you do 5 case studies for tectonics?!?!

I have 7 :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending