The Student Room Group

A2 aqa geography june 2011 official thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by Rocks:)
You too,
anyone else actually breaking down right now, I've been working at this for weeks but just found the climate section for TRF about the ITCZ, I don't know anything about it!

absolutely hate the itcz!! :frown:
this may seem lyk a dumb question but whats ITCZ
Reply 982
Original post by pinky_pwincess
this may seem lyk a dumb question but whats ITCZ

Inter-Tropical Convergence Zone.

Low pressure belt responsible for the cast amounts of rainfall in the tropics..i.e. Rainforests.

:smile:
Original post by hwalker37
Inter-Tropical Convergence Zone.

Low pressure belt responsible for the cast amounts of rainfall in the tropics..i.e. Rainforests.

:smile:

i havent heard of that before!?!?
How many case studies do we need to know per topic, eg re-urbanisation?
Reply 985
Original post by Killsworth
Woah there, think you've got this mixed up. Your correct in the sense no, there wasn't any monitoring because it hadn't erupted in 9,400 years and Chile is an LEDC.

But there was management, such as the 3,900 Chaiten locals evacuated, 1,000 Futateufu people evacuated, 50km exclusion zone, bottled water and masks, $1,800 in compensation for each family per month for a number of months, 90 day freeze on bank loans and financial aid to small businesses. lastly they brought the USGS in to monitor it.

:confused: Not meaning to be argumentative, but I think YOU'VE got some stuff mixed up.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I thought that MANAGEMENT refers to what is done in preparation BEFORE the event, such as monitoring, pre-planned evacuation procedures, building lava diversions, building houses to be strong to hold ash fallout, etc

The stuff you mentioned about evacuation, bottled water and compensation etc are RESPONSES, which comes AFTER the event.
Reply 986
my brain is actually ****ed. i cant revise for much longer. :frown: think im gonna take a little break, then do a little more before bed!

and do some more in the morning.
how many pages should the essay be ? thanks
Reply 988
Original post by pinky_pwincess
i havent heard of that before!?!?

By cast I mean vast :tongue: And it's in the textbooks in brief...google it and you'll find out all you need to know. It's under the climate section of Tropical Biomes.
Reply 989
Original post by Rocks:)
You too,
anyone else actually breaking down right now, I've been working at this for weeks but just found the climate section for TRF about the ITCZ, I don't know anything about it!

Yes! I'm terrified! I feel like i've covered all my topics, I just dont feel like I can remember all my case study knowledge well enough :frown: Plus i've decided to just revise 3 topics in detail instead of trying to do all 4, I HATE World Cities with a passion... Hope this wasn't a bad choice :P
can someone help me please
if i have a UMS SCORE OF 191, how many MARKS do i need to get a B overall?
Reply 991
Original post by keirharvey@hotmail
how many pages should the essay be ? thanks

On standard A4 at approx. 300 words a side it should be 4 pages (or just under). If you want to know how many words you write a side just add up about 10 lines of your writing, divide by 10 and times by 33 :smile:
Reply 992
Original post by mp393
:confused: Not meaning to be argumentative, but I think YOU'VE got some stuff mixed up.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I thought that MANAGEMENT refers to what is done in preparation BEFORE the event, such as monitoring, pre-planned evacuation procedures, building lava diversions, building houses to be strong to hold ash fallout, etc

The stuff you mentioned about evacuation, bottled water and compensation etc are RESPONSES, which comes AFTER the event.

cleared some confusion up :-) thankyou haha
Reply 993
On standard A4 at approx. 300 words a side it should be 4 pages (or just under). If you want to know how many words you write a side just add up about 10 lines of your writing, divide by 10 and times by 33 :smile:

Or just multiply by 3.3 :tongue:
Reply 994
Original post by idealized

You want 320 for an A. With 191 UMS you should be going for an A:smile:

A B is 280 though, 89/200 at A2 and you've bagged it....hence you need to be going for an A!
Reply 995
Original post by Hollllie
Or just multiply by 3.3 :tongue:

If I could +rep I would :biggrin: haha It's been a long day :tongue:
You want 320 for an A. With 191 UMS you should be going for an A:smile:

A B is 280 though, 89/200 at A2 and you've bagged it....hence you need to be going for an A!

unless they've done the AIB in jan in which case they'll need 89/120 for a B and 129/120 for an A. i think we all see the problem there
Original post by mp393

Managment refers to the planning and proofing and predicting but also to how they MANAGED the disaster's impacts to.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 998
Original post by toofaforu
unless they've done the AIB in jan in which case they'll need 89/120 for a B and 129/120 for an A. i think we all see the problem there

Was the AIB horrific then? I do 4A so couldn't say :s-smilie:
Reply 999
http://web.aqa.org.uk/UMS/index.php?id=04&prev=
Original post by idealized

Use the link to help you find an estimate. The number of marks to get a certain number of UMS changes each year. The whole UMS thing is weird though, you can get 120 UMS with like 70/90 marks or something...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending