The Student Room Group

A2 aqa geography june 2011 official thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emilyplonkerr
Yeahhh something about maintaining standards of biodiversity and quality of life in the near future...:s-smilie:

:redface: ah, you see, I was doodling beside hazards and ecosystems because I wasn't sure what I was going to do. I remember writing, that I'd talk about Global agreements in sustainability, vs global agreements in eradicating poverty, because it involves tariff and quota free trade ( or at leasts attempts to get that), and I was going to talk in vast detail about Equatorial Rainforests, and how even climaxed areas are very susceptible to change. Something about although population rise may not be as rapid because as nations develop birth rates usually decrease... but development pressures may be worse... and then blag about human impacts worsening in the rainforest. Gotta be honest though, I though it was VERY Hard, and I was opted out.:confused:
Reply 1381
Original post by economics41

Original post by economics41
HULME IS INNER CITY i wrote the same...pheww actually started to worry when i saw your comment hah
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hulme

I even looked on the Maps on my bb when I got out of the exam! Lol.. Just below the universities in Manc City Centre?
Okay the paper was ugly on soooo many levels.
Hated the fact it wasnt international conflict!
The world cities map was silly not to have any town/area named.
Guess tectonics was alright...

GOD GIVE ME STRENGTH I DOING GEOGRAPHY IN UNI! however it doesnt look likely that i'll get in after this paper.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Tanaquil
Omg I so hope you're wrong about Hulme because that's what i wrote about! :|

For the Urban Decline q, I just wrote some stats about the decline of the manufacturing industry, and then the service industry
And then i wrote a bit about suburbanisation and counter-urbanisation (writing a tiny bit about St Ives)
I wrote reason for these as being improved connections/ability to work from home/globalisation of products etc...

some push and pull factors

Was this the right sort of stuff to include? :s-smilie:

Probably correct, I'm probably just confused!
Original post by Sefton93
Didn't do it in the end, could only vaguely remember Park Hill in Sheffield but felt I could get more marks on the Globalisation questions (despite not even revising it) so did them instead.

Fair enough! I suppose that could help.
Original post by Right Guard 3.D
I agree with that map question, it was stupid. 'One anomaly to this trend is the yellow/green colour just above the indigo' I hope the examiner understands that

Damn, I missed talking about crime rates :/ I did Liverpool for urban decline and London Docklands for regeneration.

Hopefully I get a good grade now :/

And to another post who I've forgotten, I never saw you had to leave 2 lines either. I only left 1

I didn't either.
Who did the world cities?
I din get the question? I wrote about hulme and Curitiba , is that right?
What is planning n management like of wat? I'm so scared
Original post by Bee0076
Now you've got me worried! I think your stuff sounds right too, but I never really studied the transport/waste management stuff. The only thing I wrote about transport, not even one/two lines was London has an underground rail network and Manchester has set up a taxi company for 'women only' promoting the safety blah blahb blah. i think it was just the last minute of the exam I started to panic and started to write stupid stuff around my essay, like annotating it with more detail..

I think i best start looking for alternatives for september now...:frown:

I did this too! I focussed on housing, transport and waste planning. Got so confused on what kind of planning and management it meant so tried to cover most.. very worried because i know i didnt do a strong conclusion because i was running out of time :frown: needed 75/120 ums on this exam to get a B overall which i need - doubting i've got that partly.
Original post by toofaforu
ahh ok, i got the geysers bit, but sort of banded hot springs and mud pools together saying that the water was heated but did not burst out, but came out calmly, then said some other stuff about it mixing with with mud to create the mud pools.

for destructive i forgot to talk about different volcanoes ****, i definitely got something into the thing about acid cone volcano and basaltic and rhyolite lava....oh well sounds like i wont be getting that a*, hope i've done enough to get an A though

Sounds like our on the correct lines for an A with mentioning basaltic rock, rhyolite lava etc. Yes, missing out different types of volcanoes for the destructive boundary is a big ****! XD Though you've just made me realize that I said andesitic LAVA was an actual type of ROCK similar in composition to Granite......

- Curtis
Original post by aaron.leggott
you did it right, the question asked about minor extrusive landforms

HELL TO THE BLOODY YES.
Sorry, but that made me really chuffed, thank you, you lovely person!
Did anyone do the conflicts essay?
if you did was it alrite that i talked about an international conflict being a cause of no security, and therefore development blah blah blahh????
HELPP!
Original post by Bee0076
Now you've got me worried! I think your stuff sounds right too, but I never really studied the transport/waste management stuff. The only thing I wrote about transport, not even one/two lines was London has an underground rail network and Manchester has set up a taxi company for 'women only' promoting the safety blah blahb blah. i think it was just the last minute of the exam I started to panic and started to write stupid stuff around my essay, like annotating it with more detail..

I think i best start looking for alternatives for september now...:frown:

I've got some people doing what you did and some doing what i did, but i guess if it all leads back to management and planning then we should be alright :smile: guess that is the point of the essay, to have it open like that
Original post by toofaforu
pretty sure they asked for minor extrusive landforms

Let's hope so!
Somebody else said they did, so I hope so! :biggrin:
Is it bad that my memory doesn't date back that far?! (':
A whole 2 hours ago.
Reply 1393
Original post by Killsworth

Original post by Killsworth
I've got some people doing what you did and some doing what i did, but i guess if it all leads back to management and planning then we should be alright :smile: guess that is the point of the essay, to have it open like that

I agree...Will be a breath of fresh air to hear everyone's different (and humourous in my case) opinions on what they define planning and management to be.
Original post by Candii_Canee
Did anyone do the conflicts essay?
if you did was it alrite that i talked about an international conflict being a cause of no security, and therefore development blah blah blahh????
HELPP!

I didn't do it but no, that's not what this issue is completely on about. The more complex part of this issue is to do with ''sustainability'' of development ie. sharing all the wealth(not like China...to bring sec. for whole populous) and ''sustainability'' of security ie. water-security in Israel - & the tenuous hooks it is on. Just because there are 'conflicts' that hinder development through being a pure 'conflict' doesn't answer this question in full - or at least it won't get you the high grades. If you did answer it like formerly then I apologize, just with the little info. you have given it does not sound like so.

- Curtis
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1395
World cities essay....i did Curitiba, Thames Gateway and then commented with mumbai. Found the human side of the paper good (cities essay and dev questions), wasn't too confident with Tectonics questions but hopefully good overall
Original post by PianoPlayer93
Ecos was a pain, that 1st question was a pain - i talked about attractiveness, used to keep houses private, aesthetics, back gardens fields (on top of pic) ect

i hated ecosystems with a passion :angry: :angry: :angry:
the rest of th paper was okish, was hoping for an essay on mangment for teconics though
separatism for conflicts, well that was a gift :smile:
What is the difference between "describe" and "outline"? :frown: Is it the same thing??
Reply 1398
Original post by pinky_pwincess
i hated ecosystems with a passion :angry: :angry: :angry:
the rest of th paper was okish, was hoping for an essay on mangment for teconics though
separatism for conflicts, well that was a gift :smile:

I hated ecosystems too! But yeah separatism for conflicts really was a gift haha
Reply 1399
Original post by student777
As the papers were being collected in I saw you had to leave 2 lines between each question... And I didn't! Am I screwed? :frown:

I didn't know that, but I did each question on a separate page so there's like whole pages in between my answers haha!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending