The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Aragog or Shelob?

Out of both these giant spiders from Harry potter and Lord of the rings which would win in a fight?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
eeve02
Out of both these giant spiders from Harry potter and Lord of the rings which would win in a fight?

Quite clearly Aragog! :wink:

He'd get all his other spiders to join in the attack. Shelob is a lonely spider who should get out more!
Shelob is infinitely better, simply because she doesn't come from harry potter!
aragog simply because he's huge and has a scary voice and an army full of lots of little and big spiders. then again spiders are scary anyway so either would win f they fought against me!!! im a little red frog im gonna lose!!! :frown: and plus harry potter is a great film and it does deserve to have the winning spider!!
Reply 4
depends, if it was a one on one fight shelob would definetly win cos she was a way scarier spider (also with real spiders the females kill the males after mating with them), but if aragog got the rest of the nest to help him he would win.
Reply 5
tessie
depends, if it was a one on one fight shelob would definetly win cos she was a way scarier spider (also with real spiders the females kill the males after mating with them), but if aragog got the rest of the nest to help him he would win.

Yeah if it was one on one Shelob would win because she's much stronger....aragog is an old fogey
Reply 6
Shelob also had an army of spiders - Rowling seriously copied off Tolkien.
Compare the Night riders to Dementors!
Shelob :tongue:
Shelob obviously.
It's the law of diminishing returns. As Aragog is a blatant rip-off, he/she/it cannot possibly be as good.
Nay, I will go with Aragog, simply because it has a large possy of spiders. I think that Shelob is worse, though.
Reply 9
I would have to go with aragog because Shelob can't see because she got stabbed in the eye.
moncal
I would have to go with aragog because Shelob can't see because she got stabbed in the eye.

Hah, excellent point.
Reply 11
Excluding the fact that her eye was stabbed, I say, Shelob... Definately.
Kyrotec
Shelob also had an army of spiders - Rowling seriously copied off Tolkien.
Compare the Night riders to Dementors!
Shelob :tongue:

The number of glaringly obvious tolkien rip offs in harry potter is the main thing that spoilt the books for me.
Reply 13
shelob, because although she did get stabbed in the eye, she has multiple eyes and thus can still see pretty good. also because i hate Rowling's blatant copying of LOTR. Dammit- why couldn't Aragog kill the little squirt?
riffraff
shelob, because although she did get stabbed in the eye, she has multiple eyes and thus can still see pretty good. also because i hate Rowling's blatant copying of LOTR. Dammit- why couldn't Aragog kill the little squirt?

If your publishers were paying you millions per book would you kill him off??? :smile:
George-W-Duck
If your publishers were paying you millions per book would you kill him off??? :smile:

Oh it is a nice day when you are so loved that people quote me just for the sake of quoting me :smile:
George-W-Duck
Oh it is a nice day when you are so loved that people quote me just for the sake of quoting me :smile:
George-W-Duck
Reply 19
aragog ................#shudder#

Latest