The Student Room Group

Is this a general consensus on Ellie Goulding?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zKlown
You had better?

No?

Didn't think so...

Actually I have, and you probably have too.
Reply 21
Original post by Obadetona
Actually I have, and you probably have too.

Ok whatever

Just pisses me off when guys judge women like they do, when they clearly haven't had better...
Reply 22
Original post by metric
i love roscoe! but yeh only because i heard the ellie goulding version which i learnt and then i got into the original, its a great song and the lyrics are good

i get told occasionally that i look like ellie goulding, i really think its only since ive gone blonde, so i dont know what to make of it lol

I think I prefer playing the original on guitar, the chords are less interesting to play but they seem to sound nicer. I think it might be because Midlake have a lot of "layers" to the music, there's about three rhythm guitar tracks, a bass track and a keyboard track, rather then ellie goulding's version which is just one guitar track.

Just out of interest, are you aware that the lyrics are about the American government betraying the American people. At least, that's the best interpretation I've read:

Spoiler

Original post by lukejoshjedi
xD how do you look like you have Down syndrome lol

Ellie Goulding

Girl who can 'count to potato'.
I love her voice and her look! From a girls perspective I think she's really attractive, and I still think she would be if she wasn't famous :s-smilie:
Original post by *Rouge*
There's something about her looks that I don't like - I just can't figure it out

What I thought all along. Maybe she's a witch.
Original post by zKlown
Ok whatever

Just pisses me off when guys judge women like they do, when they clearly haven't had better...

I have, and so have most of my friends.
Reply 27
Original post by bognor-regis
I have, and so have most of my friends.

Nah, you haven't lets face it...
Reply 28
Meh, she is ordinary. I know a lot of girls that are prettier.
Original post by bognor-regis

Ellie Goulding

Girl who can 'count to potato'.

Yup clear difference there.

She's not average looking Imo... she's pretty. Meh others think otherwise, haters gon' hate :cool:
Original post by zKlown
Nah, you haven't lets face it...

Lol.

Edit: Just looked at more pics of her. She's has a big old jaw and doesn't have a great figure. She aint even average, esp without professional hairstylists and make up artists. If you think it's shocking that some guys actually have sex with real girls in real life, then you are even more of a virginal internet geek than i thought a minute ago.
(edited 13 years ago)
Not exceptional, but recognisably a cute type :smile:
Reply 32
She looks like a man and she doesn't seem to have the vim that characterises a fun girl.
My guy friend loves her!!! I think she looks pretty sometimes and other times she looks quite plain.

That being said though I absolutely love her music :smile: Her whole album was off the hook :biggrin:
She has a chin like Jimmy Hill.
Really don't like her figure - she's very boyish and has no curves. Pretty face but don't like the hair. Think she's very average
xx
I think shes cute. I certainly havent had better. yeh her figure is average but shes still gorgoues and her voice is amazing.
who is she?
Reply 38
Original post by Manitude
I think I prefer playing the original on guitar, the chords are less interesting to play but they seem to sound nicer. I think it might be because Midlake have a lot of "layers" to the music, there's about three rhythm guitar tracks, a bass track and a keyboard track, rather then ellie goulding's version which is just one guitar track.

Just out of interest, are you aware that the lyrics are about the American government betraying the American people. At least, that's the best interpretation I've read:

Spoiler

i prefer her version to play as i just prefer the strumming pattern plus i find it nicer to sing to as a girl. i really like both versions equally, they sound pretty different and i like aspects of each.

and nope cant say i have, thanks for posting that though i found it an interesting read, i love songs with deeper meanings and admire people who can write in that way, rather than boring cliché lyrics lol.

thanks for informing me that!
Reply 39
I think she's quite fit.
I'm a sucker for girls with nice hair so that probably plays it's part

Quick Reply

Latest