The Student Room Group

Veterinary science

Helloes,

First of all, I'm new to the forum so please be kind!

I'm currently in my first year studying the internatiobal baccalaureate( English HL, German HL, Biology HL, Spanish SL, Maths studies SL, ESS SL)
. For a while I've been determined to be a nurse, but as I've realised i don't particulary like humanity, and much prefer animals, I'm reconsidering my future.

I'm looking at veterinary, only problem is, most of the UNI's are asking for Biology and chemistry - or at least 2 sciences.
My only science is Biology and my maths level is pretty low aswell.

Do I stand a chance on getting into vet school?

Reply 1
I'm sure there are many more experienced who will answer you on here but, as most Uni's ask for two sciences and you are only doing one - I don't think that will help after all Veterinary courses are popular and demanding subjects.

I'm not too sure about the IB, but can you pick up Chemistry? Have you tried seeking help to improve your maths?

Good Luck! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by UniLad11
I'm sure there are many more experienced who will answer you on here but, as most Uni's ask for two sciences and you are only doing one - I don't think that will help after all Veterinary courses are popular and demanding subjects.

I'm not too sure about the IB, but can you pick up Chemistry? Have you tried seeking help to improve your maths?

Good Luck! :smile:

Doubt I can pick up Chemistry, as I'm about to start my 2nd year. Did try seeking help to improve my maths, but ended up buying a revision guide instead.
Some of my friends meantioned taking up chemistry as a ngiht course or somethign like that, so that might be a possibility

Thanks anyway though :smile:
Reply 3
If you really want to be a Vet, there are always ways round things, for example staying an extra year at college and doing A-Level Chemistry. I also know work experience counts for a lot, many universities require this. Have you pursued this?

Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending